buy to let

Old Jan 19th 2007, 5:09 pm
Emily, Luke and Libby

lewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud of
Default buy to let

can any one tell me if they do buy to lets in oz?
as i'm looking into doing properties up and that is what i have done back in the uk

thanks
lew
Old Mar 17th 2007, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

wesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nice
Default Re: buy to let

how bout we buy a house and let it to you?
Looking at a 3-bed but could really be a 5 bed, with no lounge - what do you think???
Old Mar 18th 2007, 2:14 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lewandkate
as i'm looking into doing properties up and that is what i have done back in the uk

thanks
lew
They are called investment properties. You can buy them and rent them out but you will not be eligible for the first home owners grant though.
Old Mar 18th 2007, 5:13 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: buy to let

Yes, of course they do.

I have two such properties myself.

My mother does this too.

Old Mar 18th 2007, 5:20 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

thanks
lew
Is the Pope Catholic?
Old Mar 18th 2007, 7:37 am
tin
Brisbane bound

tin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of light

thanks
lew
They do but I don't understand how anyone can afford it, our house costs us $1500 a month to rent, but to buy it we'd be paying a mortgage of $2500... Not a very good rental return Of course it would be different if you'd done it a few years ago when houses were cheaper (and from what I can tell rents weren't much lower)....

Martyn
Old Mar 18th 2007, 10:06 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: buy to let

Originally Posted by tin
They do but I don't understand how anyone can afford it, our house costs us $1500 a month to rent, but to buy it we'd be paying a mortgage of $2500... Not a very good rental return Of course it would be different if you'd done it a few years ago when houses were cheaper (and from what I can tell rents weren't much lower)....

Martyn
It's still possible; you just have to be realistic, and try not to set your sights too high. Start small; finish big, that's my motto.

My wife and I have just bought our second investment property, and I reckon it's pretty good value for money.

You can see it on this thread.

Old Mar 18th 2007, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

All the hundreds of thousands of properties to rent on all the websites and in all the papers are investment properties owned by someone. It's far more common here to own one or two extra properties by the time you retire.

'Buy to let' might be a new-fangled idea in the UK but it's been the standard way for Australians to invest their money for generations.