Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Butler - does anyone live there??

Butler - does anyone live there??

Old Apr 24th 2007, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

suki is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Butler - does anyone live there??

Hi

My husband and I are about to lodge our application (via an agent) for a skilled visa, so hopefully all going well we will make the move early next year. My question is we have been looking at new developments, and the best place at the moment seems to Butler, you seem to able able to get great houses for a decent price and with the school we are looking at for our eldest daughter in Mindarie Keys seems an ideal place not to mention not too far from Perth - does anybody live in or near Butler and if so can I get an honest opinion of it from someone please
Old Apr 24th 2007, 10:27 am
Just Joined

lozza1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Butler - does anyone live there??

Originally Posted by suki
Hi

My husband and I are about to lodge our application (via an agent) for a skilled visa, so hopefully all going well we will make the move early next year. My question is we have been looking at new developments, and the best place at the moment seems to Butler, you seem to able able to get great houses for a decent price and with the school we are looking at for our eldest daughter in Mindarie Keys seems an ideal place not to mention not too far from Perth - does anybody live in or near Butler and if so can I get an honest opinion of it from someone please
Hi Suki we live in Butler, bought our house in Nov. Its a nice area, with local shops,park and Lake. During the night we hear the hoons at times driving up and down the streets but that seems to be an aussie issue def not just in Butler. All the houses have increased in price over the last 12months but seem to have stabilised now, around Butler you can get 4x2 with room for pool from about $450,000. The housing market has def slowed down so you will find that you have more choice, whereas last year people were snapping up properties for more than they were worth as they seemed to be panicking that there would be no houses left to buy.!!
Old Apr 24th 2007, 10:37 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

We live in Butler and like it here. Kids go to school locally in Butler - seem to be doing well there. 45 mins to Perth (at 7am) 20 mins to large shopping areas, 5 mins to beautiful beaches, clean parks and a lake, community events, local business's, developing quickly.
I think you have to look past the lack of trees etc and the cries of legoland as the place needs time to evolve into a more established suburb but its clean, pretty and well thought out.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

vics has a spectacular aura aboutvics has a spectacular aura aboutvics has a spectacular aura about

Hi

We are in Butler - have been here since September last year.

Find it really nice - very quiet apart from the kids (we don't have any so just have to listen to the neighbours' kids in the street and playing in their pool!) If you do have kids this seems to be a popular area - a few primary schools and also plenty of park space.

We were in Alexander Heights before, which was closer to the city, but we think Butler is much nicer. Just feels much tidier, and there are no hoons here compared to Alexander Heights!

I travel on the train down to the city each day, and it is an easy enough journey - would be about 40 minutes to the city centre including the car ride to Clarkson station.

Don't know about house prices as we rent, but there is wide selection of houses around here and they are still building - the new area is called "The Green" and it looks like it is going to be huge.

Pm if you have any questions.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

lissylee is an unknown quantity at this point

We have lived in Butler for 3 years now, love it here did previously live in Kinross, feel it is more of a community in Butler.

There is alot of building going on around the area and will be for sometime, all is very new. The local primary schools are excellant, 2 of my children go there. There is a problem with High schools at the moment, there will be a new one built eventually but probably 2 years away at least yet. High school children have a choice of Clarkson, which has not got the best reputation, then transferiing to the senior school at Mindarie. Ther is also a private Catholic school in Butler.

In Butler we have a coles supermarket, ANZ bank to open, pizza, chippy (frozen chips), gift shop, haidressers, beaty salon, cafe, bottle shop and a tarvern. There is also a daycare centre to open and we have a medical centre. A gym has also just got building permission which will have an indoor swimming pool.

Hope that Helps a little, please feel free to ask any more questios
Lisa

Its a great place for a young family to grow, very safe and lots of parks

Clarkson railway station in 10 mins drive, and there is a hospital in Joondalup.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

Thanks everyone for your quick responses, it helps to actually speak to people who are there it is hard for us as unfortunately we are unable to get there to do a reccie forst so we are researching areas in some depth. I have been told the road that runs by Butler is probably set to be extremely busy and noisy is this the case?
Old Apr 24th 2007, 3:32 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks everyone for your quick responses, it helps to actually speak to people who are there it is hard for us as unfortunately we are unable to get there to do a reccie forst so we are researching areas in some depth. I have been told the road that runs by Butler is probably set to be extremely busy and noisy is this the case?
No busier than your average street in a small -medium sized town. Landscaping and the road is set backfrom the edge of the suburb which cuts down any noise. Also bare in mind that the suburb has areas closer to the main road and areas further away. Its not a quiet village but its noise levels are certainly nothing like any mid sized town in the UK.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

Northern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to all

Butler is like Little Britain not the program but is mostly full of british people so you will feel at home.

No crap responses Iam not being critical just an observation.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

kimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud of

Hi

Hi

I have a short term holiday let house in Butler, and all my clients love the area. (No one has mentioned any hoons) The ones with little children just rave about the Play areas they have for the children there.

It is a good area, with good schools, not far from the beach, close access to Clarkson Train Station to get into the city and if the school you are looking at is in Mindarie well thats no more than a 5 min journey away by car.

Hope this helps, any other questions just ask.

K
Old Apr 25th 2007, 3:26 am
sme
......in the sand !

Originally Posted by Northern-Monkey
Butler is like Little Britain not the program but is mostly full of british people so you will feel at home.

No crap responses Iam not being critical just an observation.
Funny that all my neighbours are Australian
Old Apr 25th 2007, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kimi
Hi

I have a short term holiday let house in Butler, and all my clients love the area. (No one has mentioned any hoons) The ones with little children just rave about the Play areas they have for the children there.

It is a good area, with good schools, not far from the beach, close access to Clarkson Train Station to get into the city and if the school you are looking at is in Mindarie well thats no more than a 5 min journey away by car.

Hope this helps, any other questions just ask.

K
That's great to know, would seem like your the person to come to should we need a holiday home to do a reccie then
Old Apr 25th 2007, 8:44 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sme
Funny that all my neighbours are Australian
All my friends neighbours were too.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

kimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud of

That's great to know, would seem like your the person to come to should we need a holiday home to do a reccie then
Hi

Definately and seeing you are a BE member you will get a good rate

K