Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Apr 7th 2012, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

jamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nice
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Ok if you think we would be better off in Business we will have a look at that
Old Apr 8th 2012, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

jamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nice

Registered with. Ana. But for some reason I cannot get any listings for Australia,is this normal Thanks
Old Apr 8th 2012, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Almo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud of

Have you done an ANA search first? I usually do London - Tokyo (Haneda). Then when you have those results, scroll to the bottom of the page and click 'use star alliance partners' or whatever it says, and put in your actual origin/destination.
Old Apr 9th 2012, 4:43 am
Forum Regular

Hi Almo thank you, I followed your instructions, on the Ana web site when I click on the Star Alliance page I get a search engine which allows me to search from Australia.
However everything comes up as Singapore Airlines I am led to believe that in June they are part of the programme, I can see all of the logo's from the other partners but none of them show up in search any idea why thanks regards James
Old Apr 9th 2012, 4:47 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jamesflorraine
Hi Almo thank you, I followed your instructions, on the Ana web site when I click on the Star Alliance page I get a search engine which allows me to search from Australia.
However everything comes up as Singapore Airlines I am led to believe that in June they are part of the programme, I can see all of the logo's from the other partners but none of them show up in search any idea why thanks regards James
Are you looking at the Star Alliance website? That won't help you find availability.

SQ are already part of Star Alliance and indeed many of the December options I saw for you involved them.
Old Apr 11th 2012, 1:42 am
Forum Regular

Tonyc88 is on a distinguished road

Topped up.

Quite like points.com, might look and see if they have an iphone app - would be a great tool to keep all your reward point details in one place.
Old Apr 11th 2012, 1:52 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tonyc88
Topped up.

Quite like points.com, might look and see if they have an iphone app - would be a great tool to keep all your reward point details in one place.
awardwallet.com
Old Apr 11th 2012, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

Thanks!

Also - anyone know of any Aussie Credit cards that will put miles into US airways or maybe an affiliate that can be transferred into US airways after?

I put almost everything on credit cards.
Old Apr 11th 2012, 4:10 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks!

Also - anyone know of any Aussie Credit cards that will put miles into US airways or maybe an affiliate that can be transferred into US airways after?

I put almost everything on credit cards.
There is no direct earn route.

It can be done though by earning AMEX Membership Rewards points, transferring them to SPG and then transferring them to US DM.

http://www.pointhacks.com.au/america...-in-australia/ (scroll way, way down the page)
Old Apr 11th 2012, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bcworld
There is no direct earn route.

It can be done though by earning AMEX Membership Rewards points, transferring them to SPG and then transferring them to US DM.

http://www.pointhacks.com.au/america...-in-australia/ (scroll way, way down the page)
Wow, going to sign up for a card now. I put a lot on CC, espcially due to a lot of work travel - $34k in the last 6 months alone I think. Much rather than went to US Airways over Qantas.

However, looks like it's every 3 AMEX point = 1 Starwood point so bit of a downer! However I know the US airways miles are far more valuable than the Qantas Miles.
Old Apr 11th 2012, 7:22 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Wow, going to sign up for a card now. I put a lot on CC, espcially due to a lot of work travel - $34k in the last 6 months alone I think. Much rather than went to US Airways over Qantas.

However, looks like it's every 3 AMEX point = 1 Starwood point so bit of a downer! However I know the US airways miles are far more valuable than the Qantas Miles.
http://www.pointhacks.com.au/members...h-spg-2mr1spg/

Old Apr 11th 2012, 7:49 am
Banned

kmthor - mackay is an unknown quantity at this point

it there anything stopping you having 2 goes at the latest deal. for example if you brought 40k could you then buy another 10k and get the extra miles. i dont see anything in the Ts&Cs

km
Old Apr 11th 2012, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

Just looking on continental ... is this still the best search tool?.... and instead of saver and easy pass its now labelled saver award and standard award. I assume I am still looking at saver award?
Old Apr 11th 2012, 9:03 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by Safin
Just looking on continental ... is this still the best search tool?.... and instead of saver and easy pass its now labelled saver award and standard award. I assume I am still looking at saver award?
Correct...you'll notice it's also now called United.com!
Old Apr 11th 2012, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

oh yeah it is too....

Been searching from BNE ( to LHR ) - all seem to be labelled as mixed cabins ie just the last leg in europe is actually in business, the rest in cattle. Is this typical or am i not looking hard enough?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.