Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Sep 14th 2010, 10:02 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Originally Posted by k974
do the miles expire? i've already booked to go in december wouldnt go again for at least a yr.

thanks for the info
Your account expires after 18 months of no activity.

However leading up to that you can reactivate for another 18 months for a small fee.

Or you could buy another 1000 miles, credit a hotel stay or car hire etc and your 18 months starts over.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

And it's back again. Double miles on all purchases and gifts (up to 50,000 in total) so better than the deal which ended yesterday if you are buying less than 40,000 miles. Ends on 15 November.

Last edited by louie; Sep 16th 2010 at 8:23 am.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 8:26 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louie
Old Sep 16th 2010, 8:46 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no. At 93c. That's me spending tonight.

Thank god for American Express Reward Points
Old Sep 16th 2010, 9:16 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by Centurion
Oh no. At 93c. That's me spending tonight.

Thank god for American Express Reward Points
I did the other night (posted to my card at rate of 0.923 )...topped up enough so I'd have enough for 2 x J awards...now I'm wondering if I should top up again to 2 x F!!

Should say, I did experience some of the much talked about points.com weirdness. 1st transaction declined...and the 2nd, but when I checked online banking they were both there, but no points of course! NAB said the first one at least had been authorised so I was all set to wait for points.com to open and call em. But about half an hour later both transactions disappeared from view.

Tried again in the morning and all went through as normal.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 9:28 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
I did the other night (posted to my card at rate of 0.923 )...topped up enough so I'd have enough for 2 x J awards...now I'm wondering if I should top up again to 2 x F!!

Should say, I did experience some of the much talked about points.com weirdness. 1st transaction declined...and the 2nd, but when I checked online banking they were both there, but no points of course! NAB said the first one at least had been authorised so I was all set to wait for points.com to open and call em. But about half an hour later both transactions disappeared from view.

Tried again in the morning and all went through as normal.
Yeah I'm having trouble as I write. My card was declined. I threw a fit and called Amex demanding blood, abasement and first borns. To be told their systems have gone down...

Technology bah. I shall try to be considerably poorer in the morning then.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

Bertrum is an unknown quantity at this point

BC,

I must admit First is tempting - how is the availability for first flying out of Syd? Any idea? Guess Thai would be the obvious choice?

Also, do you know the booking class for the business ticket with airnz? I did a search on expert flyer and they seem to have 'z' seats available but no 'I'

Thanks for any advice
Old Sep 16th 2010, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by Bertrum
BC,

I must admit First is tempting - how is the availability for first flying out of Syd? Any idea? Guess Thai would be the obvious choice?

Also, do you know the booking class for the business ticket with airnz? I did a search on expert flyer and they seem to have 'z' seats available but no 'I'

Thanks for any advice
I found the TG availability out of SYD in F good for 2 seats. Most dates available. Have a flight in Nov booked now and was just looking at other dates at the moment and seems there is plenty of awards. Just need to search both sectors independently and, if flying LHR will mean an overnight.

Not that I'm complaining means a stay at the new Novotel there and time in the F BKK lounge with a massage.

Air NZ AKL to LHR via LAX is very poor availability and although I bagged one before I can't remember if it was I or Z but I do remember being stunned on even finding one
Old Sep 16th 2010, 9:52 pm
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

Bought ours on Tuesday night, and got the BIL to gift us the rest (on my credit card!). Now to book the flights for next May.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Budawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know what availability is like on Air Canada to Vancouver of Montreal/Toronto and how many points are required? Thanks
Old Sep 17th 2010, 2:51 am

Originally Posted by Budawang
Does anyone know what availability is like on Air Canada to Vancouver of Montreal/Toronto and how many points are required? Thanks
110,000 in business and I assume that your trying for an Air Canada award so you can check yourself on www.aeroplan.com without signing up. Look for best value awards.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 8:59 am
Frequent Flyer Member

I have previously checked for availability on Air Canada's SYD - Vancouver route...slim pickings. United Airlines is a bit more achievable if you don't mind transiting LAX or SFO...and their business class product has at last been upgraded and now has fully flat beds on the SYD routes. You might find yourself in economy on the North American flights though as the 'domestic' classify the premium cabin as F. Or they might book you in F to begin with.
Old Sep 18th 2010, 3:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Budawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond repute

I called US Airways to enquire about flights from Sydney to Montreal next July. After a long wait the nice lady at US Airways found me two seats on United via LA and then Air Canada via Vancouver on the way back. Taxes were only $214 and the whole thing will cost just under AUD 2,000 per ticket. Amazingly good value thanks to the current exchange rate. Availability is a bit of struggle so you have to be flexible.
Old Sep 18th 2010, 3:36 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by Budawang
I called US Airways to enquire about flights from Sydney to Montreal next July. After a long wait the nice lady at US Airways found me two seats on United via LA and then Air Canada via Vancouver on the way back. Taxes were only $214 and the whole thing will cost just under AUD 2,000 per ticket. Amazingly good value thanks to the current exchange rate. Availability is a bit of struggle so you have to be flexible.
Nice!
Old Sep 18th 2010, 4:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bcworld
Nice!
Here's the best bit: Qantas return economy to Montreal on the same dates is (wait for it) $3,500!

By the way, the US Airways lady told me that for some unknown reason taxes are much higher flying into London/UK than anywhere else (I was pleasantly surpised how low the taxes were for my Montreal trip).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.