Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Nov 25th 2015, 10:36 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Originally Posted by louie
Plenty of availability on Etihad in business around the first and you could stay over in Abu Dhabi as you'd be using two AA awards in any case. Would be 150k for two one way. It's too early for the return though as seats are not yet released. Have a look at the Etihad Guest website, you don't need to be a member. Cash payment is much much lower than BA, less than $100 pp ew.
Louie, how do you book Etihad Guest seats using AA miles? When I look for flights it asks for my Guest membership number.
Old Nov 26th 2015, 6:10 am
BE Enthusiast

TakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond repute

As Louie said, look on the website get the flights you want and then ring You need to ring 02 9101 1948.

I did it last week and it was quite a painless exercise.
Old Nov 26th 2015, 9:05 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TakenThePlunge
As Louie said, look on the website get the flights you want and then ring You need to ring 02 9101 1948.

I did it last week and it was quite a painless exercise.
Karma coming your way
Old Dec 12th 2015, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone please find a way of getting two of us back from London to Adelaide (via Europe, other Australian cities or indeed anywhere else!) using Avios, AAdvantage miles or Singapore miles in business or first, maybe topped up by cash to Europe or from other Australian cities, to arrive around 5 Jan? I'm struggling.....
Old Dec 12th 2015, 7:51 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Horrible new AA award chart comes into effect next year! Spend your miles before 22/03/16!
Do you need to fly before 22/03/16 to get flights under the 'old' award chart, or do you just need to book by then? Thanks.
Old Dec 12th 2015, 9:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Do you need to fly before 22/03/16 to get flights under the 'old' award chart, or do you just need to book by then? Thanks.
Just need to book.
Old Dec 12th 2015, 9:44 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Just need to book.
Ta Louie
Old Dec 14th 2015, 10:19 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Woolworths have changed their mind on QFF

Woolworths, Qantas Frequent Flyer: Woolies backflips on rewards program
Old Dec 15th 2015, 12:32 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone please find a way of getting two of us back from London to Adelaide (via Europe, other Australian cities or indeed anywhere else!) using Avios, AAdvantage miles or Singapore miles in business or first, maybe topped up by cash to Europe or from other Australian cities, to arrive around 5 Jan? I'm struggling.....
I haven't looked but I suspect you'll continue to struggle. Even TG seems to have put some sort of blanket block on awards between BKK and Australia throughout January 2016. If TG is not playing it will be dramatically more difficult to find award seats on other airlines.
Old Dec 21st 2015, 11:22 am
Just Joined

don76 is an unknown quantity at this point

How fantastic! If only the AUD still played ball, it feels like this game is pretty much over...although LifeMiles is currently selling miles at 135% bonus which sort of makes up for the AUD. Not mentioned it here before as you really need your wits about you when working with LM!

I just went to the US, there and back the long way through Hong Kong in Cathay business...really great. For those heading to the US, remember to remortgage the house before you go...very painful at $0.70!
Interrested in doing this too, BC. With LifeMiles.

1. Where did you find the flights from? Lifemiles search engine is very poor.
2. Which city on the east coast is best to depart from, availability wise?

TA
Old Dec 30th 2015, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all

So.. quick question.. is the AA advantage rewards booking system a bit knackered?
I'm trying to fly biz from CHCH to NCL (UK) in Jan ..
I see that the 28th is available for 1st class .. well.. why not.. three flights indicated.. but none of them would let me proceed... and then one did .. but wouldn't let me go past the traveler details and chucked me back to the start and said "no flights available"

The site still has them coded in pink .. and in fact i could not get past this point on any of the dates for Jan or Feb ..

Am i missing something here ..
Do i have to go to some work around like in the old days.. of booking sector by sector and then phoning the states up?

Any help would be much appreciated
Old Dec 31st 2015, 10:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Which airline is this with? If not AA, you can't book online, you will need to call. Call the Australian number though, they are friendlier, quicker and more efficient that the US one.
Old Jan 1st 2016, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all

cheers Louie..

I did that yesterday and got through to a pleasant person.. who tried to route me via HK.. but no biz flights from HK to LHR ..

So i will ring back next week and see if any new flights have been freed up
Old Jan 1st 2016, 10:18 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Which airline is this with? If not AA, you can't book online, you will need to call. Call the Australian number though, they are friendlier, quicker and more efficient that the US one.
Many partner airlines are bookable online. Qantas, BA and Finnair I think are options which will often show up in an online search for Aus to Europe. Cathay is not online but do tend to free up unsold seats close to departure.
Old Jan 2nd 2016, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Many partner airlines are bookable online.
Oops, sorry DeepSix for misleading you and thanks BC for putting me right. You learn something every day. Since the demise of US I've only booked Etihad and I mistakenly assumed that because they can only be booked over the phone that all AA partners were the same. Silly of me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.