Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Jan 30th 2014, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

Lindajane is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Ooops, I've just looked and there are flights from BNE via TPE to LAX. Weird there is absolutely nothing from SYD though!
Old Jan 30th 2014, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

redrigo100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys,

Linda Jane is actually my mum and was asking for me and my partner. After some late night searching and abandoning the direct Syd to sfo / lax direct flights we have found flights in cs class with asiana airlines the 15th October routing through Seoul to lax. The flight times do no connect, so would require a stop over.

On the whole we are very happy with this, as business class makes the journery so much more comfortable, however, before we book....

This is for our honeymoon and if we could find first class it would make the trip even more special. I don't expect anyone to do the searching for us, but would anyone have ideas for routes we could check that tend to actually release first class seats fir award travel. So far we have come up empty handed .

Thanks in advance for any help....

Chris
Old Jan 30th 2014, 8:23 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redrigo100
Hey guys,

Linda Jane is actually my mum and was asking for me and my partner. After some late night searching and abandoning the direct Syd to sfo / lax direct flights we have found flights in cs class with asiana airlines the 15th October routing through Seoul to lax. The flight times do no connect, so would require a stop over.

Is your preference to depart from SYD or BNE? There are no F options ex BNE to anywhere. SYD limited as we know.

If you are going to book Asiana to LAX I would be careful to try and avoid business class flights where the operating aircraft is 747.
Old Jan 30th 2014, 8:26 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Exciting news today...well exciting if you're me!

Thai has announced that the new 777 with full lie flat business will soon (from late March) be operating one of the daily MEL flights. It's doing TG462 - the night flight MEL-BKK and TG461 the day flight BKK-MEL. The same aircraft is already lined up for BNE flights from mid Feb.

Great product upgrade.
Old Jan 30th 2014, 11:04 pm
Just Joined

Great, thanks for getting back to me BC world. We live in Brisbane but know that for any F class would need to leave through Sydney. From what you are saying regarding F class being limited I imagine we haven't missed anything... The availability is just not there.

I think we will be grateful for the business class seats and take you up on your tips re the 747's

Thanks again

Chris
Old Jan 30th 2014, 11:11 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

Great, thanks for getting back to me BC world. We live in Brisbane but know that for any F class would need to leave through Sydney. From what you are saying regarding F class being limited I imagine we haven't missed anything... The availability is just not there.

I think we will be grateful for the business class seats and take you up on your tips re the 747's

Thanks again

Chris
In that case I would take the BNE-TPE-LAX option on EVA over Asiana for sure. Out of BNE your other option is Thai but US may knock back a BNE-BKK-LAX routing as being too long.
Old Jan 31st 2014, 2:10 am
Just Joined

Excellent, leaving from Brisbane sounds much better. I will check both when I get home and work stops getting in the way of planning exciting holidays. I'm now even thinking wether the bkk lax leg may have an F class option. Otherwise mum was just recommending EVA so that sounds a good option too.

Thanks for the advice

Chris
Old Jan 31st 2014, 2:20 am
Frequent Flyer Member

I'm now even thinking wether the bkk lax leg may have an F class option.
No it doesn't. And I've also never seen it have an available business class seat.
Old Jan 31st 2014, 2:42 am
Just Joined

Noted... Looks like EVA out of bne or asiana out of syd steering clear of the 747's.

Thanks again and I'll pop back on to let you / everyone know how we go booking

Chris
Old Feb 1st 2014, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

TakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond repute

So fairly simple question - with the dollar falling is this still worth it, or are there other better options now for booking business class travel. Also for some strange reason I must have miscalculated at some time, so I have 20000 points in my DividendMiles account, should I top them up?
Old Feb 2nd 2014, 10:04 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by TakenThePlunge
So fairly simple question - with the dollar falling is this still worth it, or are there other better options now for booking business class travel.
The answer is that it's totally subjective.

Let's say the current cost of business class to the UK with USDM is about A$3300. Is there a cheaper way to get business class? Probably not. I had a very quick look and the cheapest I came up with was over $5500.

But it's also now about double the low season price for economy. For some that's a deal breaker. Then if you compare it to Xmas prices it doesn't look so bad. Others will happily pay $3k+ for business class.

So whether it's still worth it is totally up to you.
Old Feb 2nd 2014, 11:12 pm
Just Joined

Morning all.

Just a quick note to let everyone know we managed to book just fine. We have ended up routing BNE-TPE-NRT-SFO with EVA and back SFO-ICN-SYD with OZ. Almost had a hiccup trying to come back from LAX (therefore making it a double open jaw), luckily it was pretty irrelevant wether we flew from SGO or LAX and both were available.

Thanks for the input / advice.... and if anyone is interested we can post some feedback regarding the different business class services of EVA and OZ (we fly in October)

Chris
Old Feb 4th 2014, 12:00 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I just got off the phone with a very helpful young woman who booked our Northern hemisphere summer trip. It would have been easier to have just booked all the tickets on the one account, but the call centre staff at USAir were really helpful in getting us flights that all 3 of us could go to our chosen destinations in business.

So...I'm off to New York via BKK/PVG to meet up with my sister in June for a week before my husband and daughter meet up with me in Toronto for 2 weeks then the 3 of us are off to Prague for 5 days as a stopover before heading home.

Thanks again BC for all your help in getting me started on how to find flights. You're a
You could be in for a nice upgrade Dorothy...at least on the way back anyway!

Thai 787 to Perth from 1st July
Old Feb 4th 2014, 11:16 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
You could be in for a nice upgrade Dorothy...at least on the way back anyway!

Thai 787 to Perth from 1st July
Nice!
Old Feb 4th 2014, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

TakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Let's say the current cost of business class to the UK with USDM is about A$3300.
Thanks for that - I just couldn't figure out what the cost is in today's excahnge rates. As you say it's an individual decision, I can probably justify it at about this level, but not if goes over about 4000.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.