Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Aug 15th 2011, 7:42 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Originally Posted by louie
Does anyone (bcworld ??!!) know what the current state of play is regarding availability of redemptions on Singapore Airlines in first or business from ADL/MEL/SYD to SIN and SIN to LHR?
Non existent. Star Alliance awards in premium cabins on SQ are not available, only economy.
Old Aug 15th 2011, 8:28 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
Non existent. Star Alliance awards in premium cabins on SQ are not available, only economy.
There is actually currently J class availability between SYD <> SIN on the A380, some other A380/77W routes reported bookable too.

Definitely no F / Suites or SIN <> LHR availability though.

ADL on the Airbus A333 will be easy to get.
Old Aug 15th 2011, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Can ANA see these flights? I had a look after my earlier post and there was not one day on which there was availability for 2 people in business ADL - SIN in the last 10 days of May 2012, returning in the first couple of weeks of July. Or is it too soon to see these flights?
Old Aug 15th 2011, 8:35 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louie
Can ANA see these flights? I had a look after my earlier post and there was not one day on which there was availability for 2 people in business ADL - SIN in the last 10 days of May 2012, returning in the first couple of weeks of July. Or is it too soon to see these flights?
Shouldn't be too soon, maybe there just isn't availability for 2.

I would use Aeroplan though, ANA does block some SQ inventory even when it's available - although I thought they only did it with 380, 345 & 77W flights.
Old Aug 15th 2011, 10:35 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

Stand corrected on this one.

I guess the problem with ADL is that there is no other *A carrier, namely TG.

Mind you, BNE doesn't look too available either but there is availability for 2 on some days.

ps. I'm flying tomorrow!
Old Aug 16th 2011, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

mvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to all

Originally Posted by nic75
Just about to book flights and would love to know if there is a limit to the amount of sectors you can book. I have found flights lhr - zhr - bkk - syd but we are travelling from Glasgow. Could I add in a Gla - lhr with BMI or is this too many sectors. Many thanks again.
I would check the Gla-Lhr part as I believe Bmi stopped flying this route due to costs. Your now stuck with British airways.
Old Aug 18th 2011, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

keefymonster is an unknown quantity at this point

What would be the chance of upgrading from a business class seat to 1st when you check in using your reward miles?

Traveling with Thai, Brisbane to Manchester.
I know there is no 1st on the BNE>BKK leg of the trip!

I'm just wondering if it is possible at check in.

Or, is there another way to do it?

Keef ;o)
Old Aug 19th 2011, 8:58 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by keefymonster
What would be the chance of upgrading from a business class seat to 1st when you check in using your reward miles?

Traveling with Thai, Brisbane to Manchester.
I know there is no 1st on the BNE>BKK leg of the trip!

I'm just wondering if it is possible at check in.

Or, is there another way to do it?
The only way to do it is to hand over the cash...definitely not possible using Dividend Miles.

Just had my first TG First class experience...it was exceptional, really fantastic.
Old Aug 19th 2011, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

The only way to do it is to hand over the cash...definitely not possible using Dividend Miles.

Just had my first TG First class experience...it was exceptional, really fantastic.
Come on then, tell us what it was like you lucky boy
Old Aug 19th 2011, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

keefymonster is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks BC.

Yes tell us all what its like to travel first class....
Old Aug 20th 2011, 8:52 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keefymonster
Thanks BC.

Yes tell us all what its like to travel first class....
In no particular order it looks like this.

Have done Thai a couple of times now. Quite consistent in First. Am
slumming it" back on Virgin Upper Class in a couple of weeks. No caviar but at least you can get get into the only lounge at Heathrow worth going into.
Old Aug 20th 2011, 8:59 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by debsy
Come on then, tell us what it was like you lucky boy
Well, I may have taken a few pics!

These are from SYD - BKK.

...I didn't exactly go hungry!
Old Aug 20th 2011, 9:05 am
Frequent Flyer Member

...some more from SYD - BKK.

Old Aug 20th 2011, 9:11 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Next, the First lounge at BKK...own private room.

I don't have any photos of the spa but needless to say the 1 hour oil massage was had, complete with embarassing, sir, you're not wearing any undies moment!
Old Aug 20th 2011, 9:16 am
Frequent Flyer Member

BKK - LHR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.