Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bundy's back (again)

Bundy's back (again)

Old Mar 30th 2004, 7:52 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, things are certainly better than they were...Due to her new healthy diet BundyMum is actually looking really well, and I have to keep reminding myself that she has, and will always have cancer.

I hit a bit of a brick wall of depression when I arrived back in Cambridge on Thursday. I've been putting off dealing with the traumas of the last few months because I've been so busy sorting everyone else out. It all caught up with me when I got home and I spent most of the weekend in a sobbing, snivelling heap. But I seem to have got it out of my system now, so it was probably a good thing.
Old Mar 30th 2004, 7:53 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

hi bundster!

i am about but a busted ligament in my thumb and the neccessity of making a new life means the old post count is suffering a bit

glad ma and pa are feeling good enuff to cope on their own and are urging you to continue with your oz plans - what great olds you have!

had a Bundy pop yesterday in your honour - i saw them, thought of you and just had to try one! it was yummy!

Thats better - can type better now - went aquarobics tonight and the Heath Robinson waterproofing system I created for my plaster failed spectaculary so I have just spent half an hour drying said plaster out with a hairdryer (it comes off for cleaning purposes) - makes typing very difficult as I can't move my right hand at all when the plaster is off as it jiggles the bit where there is no ligament and it bloody hurts like buggery!

Anyway - welcome back - you have been missed - the newbies are taking over!!
Old Mar 30th 2004, 8:07 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Busted ligament???!!! How did that happen? Or shouldn't I ask...? As one who has spent large chunks of time in plaster for various broken limbs, I symapthise. At least you can take your plaster off...I spent nearly three months in a leg cast in the height of summer. Not pleasant.

Originally posted by Pollster
hi bundster!

i am about but a busted ligament in my thumb and the neccessity of making a new life means the old post count is suffering a bit

glad ma and pa are feeling good enuff to cope on their own and are urging you to continue with your oz plans - what great olds you have!

had a Bundy pop yesterday in your honour - i saw them, thought of you and just had to try one! it was yummy!

Thats better - can type better now - went aquarobics tonight and the Heath Robinson waterproofing system I created for my plaster failed spectaculary so I have just spent half an hour drying said plaster out with a hairdryer (it comes off for cleaning purposes) - makes typing very difficult as I can't move my right hand at all when the plaster is off as it jiggles the bit where there is no ligament and it bloody hurts like buggery!

Anyway - welcome back - you have been missed - the newbies are taking over!!
Old Mar 30th 2004, 8:11 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by bundy
Busted ligament???!!! How did that happen? Or shouldn't I ask...? As one who has spent large chunks of time in plaster for various broken limbs, I symapthise. At least you can take your plaster off...I spent nearly three months in a leg cast in the height of summer. Not pleasant.

Netball

And previous experiences in plaster made me INSIST they made this one removable - luckily the South African doctor found me amusing and decided to humour me instead of telling me to STFU and get out of his clinic!
Old Mar 30th 2004, 8:14 am
She's a bird, you know

Dangerous sport, netball. Broke my elbow playing netball.

Broke my leg on a trampoline in Switzerland when I was 17 though, which was all the more embarassing.

Originally posted by Pollster
Netball

And previous experiences in plaster made me INSIST they made this one removable - luckily the South African doctor found me amusing and decided to humour me instead of telling me to STFU and get out of his clinic!
Old Mar 30th 2004, 8:23 am
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

Good to see you back bundy, glad your mums doing better.

Enjoy yourself back at work! :scared:

Old Mar 30th 2004, 8:27 am
She's a bird, you know

Wotcha Loose...

Enjoy myself at work. As if. I had to shortlist 45 candidates yesterday and I'm in the middle of the next batch of 30 at the moment. I'm holding the lives of these young students in my hands and don't really feel that I'm giving them the attention they deserve. And it was Mr Bundy's birthday yesterday, so we had a rather late and drunken night.

Originally posted by loose
Good to see you back bundy, glad your mums doing better.

Enjoy yourself back at work! :scared:

Old Mar 30th 2004, 9:12 am
WBB

It's because I've been away for a while, see. I'm out of practice when it comes to WBB's razor-sharp wit and lascivous sense of humour. Ahh, back to the good ol' days, eh WBB!
i am glad to be of service

seriously though, it is good to have you back posting and sounding a lot better.

i am off to brisbane next tuesday for a month long validation trip, so i have been really busy running around getting sorted and my time here has suffered as a result of all that.

also see my thread "poxy pox"

see you around bundster.

Old Mar 30th 2004, 9:12 am
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

Its been a while since I held the fate of a student in my hands! Ah the good old days.

What is it you do? Have you had the chance to catch up with whats going on here since you've been away? Its been funny to watch (dont like to get involved with the barneys too often being a wee delicate soul) and a lot of the new people seem spot on!

And happy birthday to your bloke.

Poll - if you're still on, where abouts in NZ have you settled? One of my many aunties is on the north island somewhere I think!
Old Mar 30th 2004, 9:14 am
She's a bird, you know

How's the planning going WBB? Will read the poxy pox thread in a moment, although I'm not sure if I want to...

Originally posted by WBB
i am glad to be of service

seriously though, it is good to have you back posting and sounding a lot better.

i am off to brisbane next tuesday for a month long validation trip, so i have been really busy running around getting sorted and my time here has suffered as a result of all that.

also see my thread "poxy pox"

see you around bundster.

Old Mar 30th 2004, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Good to have you back Bundy, and even better news to hear BundyMum is doing well - the power of the juicer is working then!

Just back from our validation trip to Sydney so a bit jetlagged. Had a great time, weather was mostly lovely, so hit the many beaches of Sydney...all in the name of research of course !

Kept an eye out for Nundle on the NSW weather forecast but doesn't get a mention I'm afraid. I assume it mustn't have any weather

Good to hear that your plans are being revamped and improved for 2005 - someone has to report back from Nundle
Old Mar 30th 2004, 9:22 am
She's a bird, you know

I organise international summer schools for adult students for Cambridge Uni. Specifically, I'm the Programme Manager which means that I deal with all the non-acedemic stuff which is everything from excursions and coaches to computer and library access, health and safety, disability, keeping the staff in biscuits, wielding a budget, organising concerts, ceilidhs and discos, finding enough teaching rooms for 150 courses and making sure they have the right equipment and being on call 24 hours a day for 7 weeks in case the stupid (mainly american, it has to be said) students get into trouble etc etc etc. In short, I spend June-August running round like a headless chicken and the rest of the year recovering. At the moment, I'm shortlisting candidates for the assistants that live in college with the summer school students.

Originally posted by loose
Its been a while since I held the fate of a student in my hands! Ah the good old days.

What is it you do? Have you had the chance to catch up with whats going on here since you've been away? Its been funny to watch (dont like to get involved with the barneys too often being a wee delicate soul) and a lot of the new people seem spot on!

And happy birthday to your bloke.

Poll - if you're still on, where abouts in NZ have you settled? One of my many aunties is on the north island somewhere I think!
Old Mar 30th 2004, 9:25 am
She's a bird, you know

Nundle has plenty of weather, although at the moment it's mainly hot and sunny. But it doesn't often feature on anything being the size of your average supermarket! You have to find Tamworth and look south...

Originally posted by sjn2003
Good to have you back Bundy, and even better news to hear BundyMum is doing well - the power of the juicer is working then!

Just back from our validation trip to Sydney so a bit jetlagged. Had a great time, weather was mostly lovely, so hit the many beaches of Sydney...all in the name of research of course !

Kept an eye out for Nundle on the NSW weather forecast but doesn't get a mention I'm afraid. I assume it mustn't have any weather

Good to hear that your plans are being revamped and improved for 2005 - someone has to report back from Nundle
Old Mar 30th 2004, 9:30 am
Adelaide here we come

kittenlips is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad to have you back on board Bundy! You've been missed! So glad to hear your mum is feeling better and on the mend.

Bet Mr Bundy is glad to have you back too!
Old Mar 30th 2004, 9:32 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

I organise international summer schools for adult students for Cambridge Uni. Specifically, I'm the Programme Manager which means that I deal with all the non-acedemic stuff which is everything from excursions and coaches to computer and library access, health and safety, disability, keeping the staff in biscuits, wielding a budget, organising concerts, ceilidhs and discos, finding enough teaching rooms for 150 courses and making sure they have the right equipment and being on call 24 hours a day for 7 weeks in case the stupid (mainly american, it has to be said) students get into trouble etc etc etc. In short, I spend June-August running round like a headless chicken and the rest of the year recovering. At the moment, I'm shortlisting candidates for the assistants that live in college with the summer school students.
Sounds like a fun job, though I guess it would be very busy/stressfull/annoying in the actual summer months!!
And if you don't have a nice boss, and nice students.......
:scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.