Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bundy ! Looks like the Elephant trick may have worked

Bundy ! Looks like the Elephant trick may have worked

Old Apr 13th 2004, 6:59 pm
Go Banana's !!

Wink Bundy ! Looks like the Elephant trick may have worked

The couple who came round to view our house last Thursday have been around to view again tonight.

I got a phone call today asking when they could come round, I said any day and they wanted to come tonight........seemed very keen in a reserved sort of way.

Anyway not over 'til the fat lady goes tra la la la la la la........ but promising. Elmer still has the coin under his foot just in case.

Thanks Bundy
Jill

Old Apr 13th 2004, 7:02 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

hi jill...

not wanting to sound thick, but as i'm due to put the house up for sale soon i was just wondering.... whats the elephant trick?

Old Apr 13th 2004, 7:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Have you had a very sheltered upbringing Leigh?
Old Apr 13th 2004, 7:06 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Originally posted by Larissa
Have you had a very sheltered upbringing Leigh?
...lol yeah it sounds like it....
Old Apr 13th 2004, 7:08 pm
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by scutterUK
hi jill...

not wanting to sound thick, but as i'm due to put the house up for sale soon i was just wondering.... whats the elephant trick?

Bundy told me it was good luck to put a coin under an elephants foot and place it in frount window. Since The Moscow State Circus were not in town I settled for a stuffed Elmer of my daughters.

Jill

Old Apr 13th 2004, 7:11 pm
life begins again...

Originally posted by Go Banana's !!
Bundy told me it was good luck to put a coin under an elephants foot and place it in frount window. Since The Moscow State Circus were not in town I settled for a stuffed Elmer of my daughters.

Jill
aahhh thank god for that i was starting to worry for a second there!!

cheers for that jill, i think i will need all the luck i can get. hmmm. just need to find an elephant now....

i hope it all goes through smoothly for you.

good luck!

Leigh
Old Apr 13th 2004, 8:22 pm

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Go Banana's !!

Jill

LOL..think this was my fault!

It's a Buddhist thing..my friend told me to do it years ago - she had read it somewhere! We trekked off to Swanage and purchased a couple of little soapstone elephants (our other mate who was with us thought we were insane) anyway have to say it bloody does work..whenever you want a bit of luck I superstiously stroke the little fella! - Which reminds me must NOT let the shippers pack him off.

Maxine