Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I'll tell you one reason why we want to!!!!

I'll tell you one reason why we want to!!!!

Old Apr 12th 2004, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute
Angry I'll tell you one reason why we want to!!!!

Perfect example.

We have just been to a local fast food place (KFC if anyone is interested) and 2 things that really annoy me:

1) How lazy people are! When you want to find an empty seat and table, lo and behold the only one available is the one were some lazy person (was a stronger word at the time) just gets up and leaves empty cartons, half drunk pepsi's, serviettes etc. expecting other people to put them in the bin which is all of 2 yards away!

2) the other annoying thing is in the car park an empty space were some other lazy person has eaten there food in the car and guess what? Were are all the cartons etc. not in an available bin no, just tossed out of their car window and they have driven off!

This is one the most annoying things about the UK at the moment lazy people expecting other people to clean up after them.

I dont know about OZ cos I havent been there yet, but in Asia, across Europe, USA etc. this is not an issue because I believe people take pride in where they live.

Anyway rant over and I am sorry but needed to air my views, and I feel a lot better for it. :lecture: :lecture:
Old Apr 12th 2004, 1:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

babsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond repute

It happens everywhere

Even in Canada Go to a foodcourt and there are at least a few tables with the tray and rubbish.

The world (not country we live in
Old Apr 12th 2004, 4:54 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

I agree - it's the same the world over.

It's always puzzled me, for example, in Japan: their shopping malls etc are so clean you can eat your meals off the floor - yet in the countryside around Narita there are fridges, bags of garbage by the hundred, old cars, TVs etc all over the place by the side of the roads.

It's almost as if the only environment they can recognise is one they have created - the natural one is just there to be defiled.

It's all very depressing...
Old Apr 12th 2004, 5:36 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

yep, same here (Holland)

And I'm quite sure Oz will have people like that too! (hopefully less)
Old Apr 12th 2004, 6:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Re: I'll tell you one reason why we want to!!!!

Originally posted by Dicko
Perfect example.

We have just been to a local fast food place (KFC if anyone is interested) and 2 things that really annoy me:

1) How lazy people are! When you want to find an empty seat and table, lo and behold the only one available is the one were some lazy person (was a stronger word at the time) just gets up and leaves empty cartons, half drunk pepsi's, serviettes etc. expecting other people to put them in the bin which is all of 2 yards away!

2) the other annoying thing is in the car park an empty space were some other lazy person has eaten there food in the car and guess what? Were are all the cartons etc. not in an available bin no, just tossed out of their car window and they have driven off!

This is one the most annoying things about the UK at the moment lazy people expecting other people to clean up after them.

I dont know about OZ cos I havent been there yet, but in Asia, across Europe, USA etc. this is not an issue because I believe people take pride in where they live.

Anyway rant over and I am sorry but needed to air my views, and I feel a lot better for it. :lecture: :lecture:
Dicko
When we were in Australia in February we could not believe the state of the Mcdonalds. None of the tables seemed to be cleared and rubbish was left everywhere. We were really surprised when we saw it. The Pizza Hut was even worse

I think that this is a worldwide problem caused by a load of lazy people who cant be bothered to throw their stuff in the bin. It is a shame that the restaurants cannot employ someone to constantly clear the tables.
Old Apr 12th 2004, 6:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by debsy

It is a shame that the restaurants cannot employ someone to constantly clear the tables.

Yes but Debsy they shouldnt have to should they?

I am sorry but it really is one of my pet hates!
And I apologise if it happens elewhere but I have only noticed it over here, as I have seen Thailand, USA, Germany, Holland and numerous other countries but never noticed it as bad.

Not that, all I eat is fast food when visiting these countries, wouldn't want you to think I am a bit of a junk food addict
Old Apr 12th 2004, 6:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally posted by Dicko
Yes but Debsy they shouldnt have to should they?

I am sorry but it really is one of my pet hates!
And I apologise if it happens elewhere but I have only noticed it over here, as I have seen Thailand, USA, Germany, Holland and numerous other countries but never noticed it as bad.

Not that, all I eat is fast food when visiting these countries, wouldn't want you to think I am a bit of a junk food addict
I understand where you are coming from Dicko. People just cant be bothered these days. I hate it when there are loads of empty tables but you cannot sit down as they are full of rubbish
Old Apr 12th 2004, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

Whingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really nice

Its not just fast food outlets, my wife works at a school where they have a pond, in this pond every year ducks come to nest, strange place you might think in the middle of a busy school with all the hussle and bussle going on, but no, they nest and lay eggs.
The head of the school is relatively new and since he has been there the school has gone down hill, no address to the pupils about the ducks, no atempt to keep the area clear so the ducks can have a bit of peace, no he doesn't care. So for the last three years the eggs have been stolen and the nest destroyed.

My piont is, if teachers and parents don't teach the kids some respect, then the only winners are the rats that love the rubbish.
Old Apr 12th 2004, 8:07 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

how right you are. I see adults all the time just throwing their rubbish anywhere. great example for the children huh? I guess they have no respect and dont care about anything. shame. oh btw I live in USA, and its just as bad here.
Old Apr 12th 2004, 8:24 pm
FNG

The Cahills is an unknown quantity at this point

Well gotta say, unless I am really starving or am in such a rush, I prefer to eat in a proper restaurant where I get waited on as you would expect in a restaurant.

These fast food places which dare to catagarise themselves as restaurants are taking the Mick out of all you soft punters pressurised into using them as your kids like the free toys and associate Fries and fast food with toys.

Who is to blame for this now I here you ask.
Probably tour parents for introducing you to this kind of fast food lifestyle.
How many other restaurants charge for Ketchup when you ask for it, never mind expect you to clear up after yourself.

How dare they call themselves restaurants.

Sorry had to get that off my chest too!!

Geordie Cahill..........Burger King if I must.!
Old Apr 12th 2004, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

Anjali is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh yes, Holland is dirty too. Every day there are kids leaving garbage in front of my house, it really pisses me off.
But there are more reasons to move :

1.) the weather (no seasons were I am going )

2.) cheaper housing (for the price of my house in Holland I can have a villa with swimming pool in Australia)

3.) space (Holland: 16 million people cramped in a tiny country)

4.) nice people

There must be more reasons of course
Old Apr 12th 2004, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

Handyandy180 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We totally agree with the attitude of people in the UK. Having recently returned from holidaying in OZ we can tell you that we found everywhere we went up the East coast, from Sydney to Cairns, to be very clean and well-kept. We did not see one damaged or graffiti-covered bus shelter or anything much vandalised at all. A perfect example of the OZ attitude seemed to be the free barbecues provided bya the local council down near the beaches and in the parks. None were damaged and were used in a sensible and caring way. We were well impressed by this and wondered how well this type of amenity would fare in the UK?

Regards, Chris and Andrea
Old Apr 13th 2004, 3:02 am
BE Enthusiast

wombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to all
Default wow

people suck.

thats just the way people are.

the more populated and poor an area, the worse it is...because people are frustrated. I know there are shitty areas in Oz too.
Maybe not the areas you will hopefully choose though

Last edited by wombatboy; Apr 13th 2004 at 3:08 am.
Old Apr 13th 2004, 3:42 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Handyandy180
Hi

We totally agree with the attitude of people in the UK. Having recently returned from holidaying in OZ we can tell you that we found everywhere we went up the East coast, from Sydney to Cairns, to be very clean and well-kept. We did not see one damaged or graffiti-covered bus shelter or anything much vandalised at all. A perfect example of the OZ attitude seemed to be the free barbecues provided bya the local council down near the beaches and in the parks. None were damaged and were used in a sensible and caring way. We were well impressed by this and wondered how well this type of amenity would fare in the UK?

Regards, Chris and Andrea

Do you know why bbq's are free, they used to take 20c coins, but they councils got rid of them, because you would never find them working due to vandalism for the money.

Like most places, OZ ratepayers in Beach/tourist spots pay higher rates to clean it up, OZ is lucky most tourists stick the a well beaten track, most really seeing little more than the same 6 hilights plus beaches.

Get out into the cheaper suburbs, same problems as the UK. OZ produces the same grotty crappy % of the population as anywhere else in the world. Go to a shopping centre on Dole day, same grotbag element as anywhere. Leave your car in a nasty suburb say goodbye, leave you windows open in a nice suburb say hello burglar. Sorry but its true, OZ has exactly the same derro's as anywhere else.
Old Apr 13th 2004, 3:50 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Bondi had enough and is now earns 10 of millions in parking fines from littering westies.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.