Bundaberg

Old Jun 28th 2006, 8:45 am
tin
Brisbane bound

tin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of light
Default Bundaberg

I've seen a job advertised in Bundaberg - anyone lived there or even been there and have any impressions of it? Other than what the Rum tastes like
I quite like the idea of a nice small town close to the beach to settle with my family

Thanks
Martyn
Old Jun 28th 2006, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future
Default Re: Bundaberg

We had a holiday in Bargara 4 years ago which is a small town on the coast downstream from Bundaberg. Takes about 15 mins to get from Bundaberg to Bargara. We liked the place, it's quite small, the land is flat apart from one or two hills. The area is dominated by sugar cane and the soil is bright orange. It was lovely and peaceful. There is some tourism but not over run and you can catch a boat from Bundberg to go whale watching.
Old Jun 28th 2006, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

John Sharp is on a distinguished road

We stopped at bargara too last year, nice place but a little too provincial for us. But thats only our opinion - if you like small town living it would be great, if you like city living you probably wont be too impressed.
Bundaberg is a large town in what you would call the 'traditional aussie style'
Eveything you need is there, we liked it, but i would strongly suggest a visit before committing yourself.
We only visited so maybe not the best person to advise.
Hope it helps a bit

Regards John
Old Jun 28th 2006, 10:54 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tin
I've seen a job advertised in Bundaberg - anyone lived there or even been there and have any impressions of it? Other than what the Rum tastes like
I quite like the idea of a nice small town close to the beach to settle with my family

Thanks
Martyn
Hiya Martyn,
We moved up here in January form Brisbane (there 3 months and didn't like it). We absolutely love it here, everything really close ie beaches, rivers, bush, shops and schools.
Need anymore detailed answers either email or pm me.
Regards
Sarah
Old Jun 28th 2006, 10:59 am
tin
Brisbane bound

tin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for all the replies. I do prefer small town life so it sounds like it would suit us
Of course now that I like the sound of the place my odds of actually getting the job are probably nil

Sarah - thanks I will PM you if it looks like I might get anywhere.

Thanks
Martyn
Old Jun 29th 2006, 9:58 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tin
Thanks for all the replies. I do prefer small town life so it sounds like it would suit us
Of course now that I like the sound of the place my odds of actually getting the job are probably nil

Sarah - thanks I will PM you if it looks like I might get anywhere.

Thanks
Martyn
No worries.
Sarah