Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

bullied in primery schools,

bullied in primery schools,

Old Sep 13th 2005, 12:53 pm
HAM
Forum Regular

Location: on the opposite side of the world to where I want to be...
HAM has a spectacular aura aboutHAM has a spectacular aura aboutHAM has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: bullied in primery schools,

Originally Posted by suzy
"these two were misunderstood and had *issues* which the school had to take into consideration. "

You don't live in my village do you???? Same problem I had.

One thing I would suggest the OP finds out is whether the Head of Govs are friends with the Head. Mine were - they used to go to dinner together - I had no chance with that route. Brown nosing all round. Pair of bitches if ever I saw some

Suzy x
"misunderstood" "issues"...yep sounds familiar to me too this is PC talk for "we've got no control anymore and we don't know what the hell to do with half of these kids anymore"
Old Sep 13th 2005, 12:55 pm
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point

["we've got no control anymore and we don't know what the hell to do with half of these kids anymore"[/QUOTE]

Shoot the little bastards
Old Sep 13th 2005, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

charlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of light

["we've got no control anymore and we don't know what the hell to do with half of these kids anymore"

Shoot the little bastards [/QUOTE]if all of you lot are to go buy than their is a real problem i thought that it would be unusual for this young at least , i think that i will ask for there plan in a written form so that i have a record to go by. thanks for all the good ideas .
Old Sep 13th 2005, 1:05 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by charlie brown
if all of you lot are to go buy than their is a real problem i thought that it would be unusual for this young at least , i think that i will ask for there plan in a written form so that i have a record to go by. thanks for all the good ideas .[/QUOTE]

Not sure if you are doing so already but keep a log of every single incident. Dates, times, who was involved, who did you report it to , outcome. Also make every complaint to the school in writing and keep a copy and if you do use the phone to complain back it up with a letter saying someting like.

Further to my telecon to ....... on ....... I wish to confirm in writing that ..........happened.

Suzy x
Old Sep 13th 2005, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

charlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of light

if all of you lot are to go buy than their is a real problem i thought that it would be unusual for this young at least , i think that i will ask for there plan in a written form so that i have a record to go by. thanks for all the good ideas .

Not sure if you are doing so already but keep a log of every single incident. Dates, times, who was involved, who did you report it to , outcome. Also make every complaint to the school in writing and keep a copy and if you do use the phone to complain back it up with a letter saying someting like.

Further to my telecon to ....... on ....... I wish to confirm in writing that ..........happened.

Suzy x[/QUOTE]thank you this has given me some direction to go in as i was just going around befor like a head less chok. thank you every one you are such a kind people .
Old Sep 13th 2005, 1:16 pm
Account Closed

Suzy x
thank you this has given me some direction to go in as i was just going around befor like a head less chok. thank you every one you are such a kind people .[/QUOTE]

Try this site

www.bullying.co.uk

Also Kidscape but can't find the website address - you'll have to do search.

I'm sure these will give you alot of support and advice.

Suzy x
Old Sep 13th 2005, 2:39 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

do five year olds get bullied in australia, please tell me it's not as bad as the uk.do teachers have any sort of control sorry to rant but just at wit's end
Hi Charlie Brown, Just an idea but I used to be bullied at school from about 12 years old. Then I learnt jujitsu (a marshal art). I wasn't very good at it but good enough to break one of the bullies noses! Miraculously the bullying stopped pretty quick. The say you shouldn’t meet violence with violence but in my case it was the only answer.
Old Sep 13th 2005, 2:48 pm

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by arkon
Hi Charlie Brown, Just an idea but I used to be bullied at school from about 12 years old. Then I learnt jujitsu (a marshal art). I wasn't very good at it but good enough to break one of the bullies noses! Miraculously the bullying stopped pretty quick. The say you shouldn’t meet violence with violence but in my case it was the only answer.

Good suggestion, Arkon. There are lots of martial arts classes around and they do teach a lot of positive self esteem issues as well as self-defence. There's a difference between being violent to others and defending yourself. Beats the hell out of me why there is so much bullying nowadays, but I guess much is down to lack of parental control, and even less school control. They really don't know what to do with them. The really sad thing is that many children seem to get followed round by bullies - almost to attract them - and after a while their self-esteem goes rock bottom. Which is why I think your idea is such a good one.

Sue
Old Sep 13th 2005, 2:50 pm

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

["we've got no control anymore and we don't know what the hell to do with half of these kids anymore"

ROFLMAO....can I get behind you in the queue?

At the very least I'd like to bang their heads together!! Then shut 'em all in a room to murder each other!!
Old Sep 13th 2005, 2:53 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bella Donna
Good suggestion, Arkon. There are lots of martial arts classes around and they do teach a lot of positive self esteem issues as well as self-defence. There's a difference between being violent to others and defending yourself. Beats the hell out of me why there is so much bullying nowadays, but I guess much is down to lack of parental control, and even less school control. They really don't know what to do with them. The really sad thing is that many children seem to get followed round by bullies - almost to attract them - and after a while their self-esteem goes rock bottom. Which is why I think your idea is such a good one.

Sue
It certainly gave me the confidence to confront them and maybe that showed through more than the end result of a broken nose. The ironic thing was I only knew 4 moves, The T stance, A shin kick, A back of the knee kick and the ill fated foot to the nose at speed move!
Old Sep 13th 2005, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

http://www.lfcc.on.ca/bully.htm
Old Sep 13th 2005, 3:26 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
Very good suggestion, I sent my son for a few years. Unfortunately the people picking on him tended to hang round in a group and they would all just pile on him. But, when he was on a one to one with a boy who had been hassling him all day he punched him in the nose. The boy didn't bother him ever again, not even with his mates!! So sometimes reverting to the same tactics works. Although usually the one to retalliate will be the one getting caught by teacher (if in class)
Old Sep 13th 2005, 6:22 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Very good suggestion, I sent my son for a few years. Unfortunately the people picking on him tended to hang round in a group and they would all just pile on him. But, when he was on a one to one with a boy who had been hassling him all day he punched him in the nose. The boy didn't bother him ever again, not even with his mates!! So sometimes reverting to the same tactics works. Although usually the one to retalliate will be the one getting caught by teacher (if in class)

A friend of mine had a problem with her daughter being bullied at school from the age of 5. She kept reporting it to teachers and headmaster but nothing was done. It went on for 3 years, she kept diaries etc... didn't make any difference. Then one day my friend just snapped ...she told the head teacher in no uncertain terms that if her child wasn't protected as she should be at school, she would get the police involved and do the little b*tch that had been bullying her child for assault. Believe me, it soon stopped then! The school now has a new head teacher she is brilliant and don't take any sh*t!
Old Sep 13th 2005, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

foxychic is an unknown quantity at this point

It is shocking that this occurs at such a young age, having said that, my son has just started primary and last week I picked out 3 potential 'problem children' sure enough at pick up time today one of them, with his parents was being told by the teacher, his behaviour towards others was not acceptable and if it didn't stop he would be excluded from the classroom! Unfortuately it is life, and these characters are everywhere.

Is it possible to have a firm and persuasive word in the bully's ear? (preferably down an alley where no one else can see!)

Just a thought, I know it's not ideal but sometimes might be the only way. Someone I know was bullied terribly for years and it didn't stop till she punched one of the tormentors.

It is hard when your child is the victim but some of these kids really must have serious issues and a very difficult home background. We learn by example and if they are not shown right from wrong at home it must be hard for them to learn it. Having said that I know if it was my child I wouldn't be so kind in my thinking!

Last edited by foxychic; Sep 13th 2005 at 6:42 pm.
Old Sep 13th 2005, 8:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Australia does make an effort, most state schools have anti bullying policies, if you complain (make an appointment or do it in writing) they have to act.

However having said this, there seemed to be a change last term to a no blame policy, a rather curious thing where both kids ie the one bashed up or abused is equally to blame as the one doing the abusing This all seems to have stemmed from schools having to be 'careful' about not being seen to be picking on or discriminating against one child. Looks like anyone involved in bullying be it reciepent or giver, gets a talking too but nobody will be portioned any blame for fear of comeback on the school. 2005 and mad litigation society I guess

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.