Building land

Old Dec 3rd 2007, 1:25 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Building land

Originally Posted by legs_akimbo
Would I be correct in assuming that large tracts of building land become available which are then subdivided into individual sites (blocks) and sold to prospective self builders.? Kind of like a new housing estate, only you buy your block then build, rather than a completed property constructed within a development.?
Am only accustomed to land sales that may have say, full planning permission on them for a four bed house with no clauses at the top end of the scale, or a block with full planning but a five year residency clause, going down to a block of land that would be sold subject to gaining planning upon it. Is this in a rounabout way how the system operates in Oz but more so in rural areas close to towns on individual blocks upwards of half an acre?
As for having a larger block, yeah the idea can be appealing but when it comes to maintaining it, it can certainly be a burden, anything over an acre takes alot of looking after.
k.

lets say 10 yrs ago, you bought 5 acres, and 2 rd frontage.

Then 4 yrs ago, you applied to subdivide, and sell off one lot ( smaller block ) with permission for residential construction.

Subsequently you can then sell , naked block as is...

Thats how its done here.

Larger developers, do deals with big land owners just as they do anywhere in the world, and sell undeveloped land to individual purchasers, or to spec builders, look at Northlakes, Pac Pines, and Springfield Lakes for instance ..

Response to Merlin:
Some are unscruplous and inc all under roof area in floor area.. which strictly isnt living or liveable space.
Most builder as Buzzy says, itemize, outdoor alfresco under roof , say 8sq, and living space say 26 sq.

Ste
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

legs_akimbo is a jewel in the roughlegs_akimbo is a jewel in the roughlegs_akimbo is a jewel in the roughlegs_akimbo is a jewel in the roughlegs_akimbo is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Building land

Hmmmm, think I am getting the gist of it. Like I said this will have to be researched.... perhaps the mrs will allow me a couple of weeks "fact finding" in the next couple of months(wishfull thinking). where I am land would be categorised as agricultural or siteable though it would be clear from the off if multiple residencys would ever be permitted to restrict any form of ribbon development.
Was hoping that plannining laws are less stringent in Australia as I would like to be able to buy individual blocks and build on them for resale, without all the red tape and convoluted issues that we endure at present.