Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Building a house in perth

Building a house in perth

Old Dec 27th 2003, 6:36 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Building a house in perth

I have put a search in for this but it came up with 100's of things not related...so I gave up looking!

Can anyone point us in the right direction with regards to having a house built in Perth?

If we do deffinately decide to go to Perth, that's what we'd like to do.

Thanks in advance....
Old Dec 27th 2003, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

marc_schmidlin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Building a house in perth

At first, I would rent in the suburb of your choice.
That way you can see if you like the area and you'll have enough time to shop around...
Old Dec 27th 2003, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by TraceyW
I have put a search in for this but it came up with 100's of things not related...so I gave up looking!

Can anyone point us in the right direction with regards to having a house built in Perth?

Thanks in advance....

If you just go on realestate.com.au and choose w.a. then choose new land estates
you,ll get the land that's availbale to purchase.
Try Mirvac homes on the net.
If you look at new homes to buy the builders names come up. Then go onto their web sites via their names and you,ll get all the info you,ll need .They should send you loads of info through the post. I have enough to start up a library.
National homes in another in w.a.

You should get all the homes available to have built and all the land/plots availbale aswell.

booboo
Old Dec 27th 2003, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ok

try www.Mirvac.com.au take it from there

booboo
Old Dec 27th 2003, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

also try www.nationalhomes.com.au

booboo
Old Dec 27th 2003, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

this is a good one

www.homebuyers.com.au

this has loads of info for you...

booboo
Old Dec 28th 2003, 2:04 am
Forum Regular

Gibson will become famous soon enough

There are tons of home builders in Wa. We are having our house built in Rockingham. Our builders are www.contentliving.com.au, there is celebration home, ventura-homes, ultimate homes, statesman, plunkett and so the list goes on.

Its not the easiest thing to do by far, we are 3 months in and are still awaiting our plans back!
Old Dec 28th 2003, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

The master builders association has some info and an FAQ mostly on contract types.

http://www.mbawa.com/
Old Dec 28th 2003, 1:37 pm

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks in advance....

www.apghomes.com - I like the look of these but they seem quite pricey- good website though. I have got a paper here with loads of ads for this sort of thing but most don't state what is or isn't included in the price. Also take a look at www.dalealcock.com.au - they replied to my email asking whats not included! They have some very good prices but not too sure about the actual house styles - the layouts are great but some of them are quite ugly in the pictures. Some of these companies can help you find the right plot as well so I believe.

Actually the website someone has already pointed you to real estate.com has a great section on self builds and what you need to look out for and all the different ways there are of doing it - it was useful.

Hope this helps

Max
Old Dec 28th 2003, 1:56 pm
Account Closed

Thanks guys for the info. I've e-mailed them and hope to get info soon.

But...I am probably being really thick here but we looked at the House and Land Packages and the prices are around 180/190k AUD. Surely that is just for the house alone? Or is it for the house and land? I know it says House and Land Package but it all seems a bit too good to be true!

Sorry to be dense but I'm a bit of a sceptic when things are cheap!!!!!
Old Dec 28th 2003, 4:56 pm
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough

We got information from these guys within a few days of requesting. Excellent service, but they are the only one we've tried so far.

Good luck!

http://www.wbn-homes.com.au/

Old Dec 28th 2003, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

Gibson will become famous soon enough

Thanks guys for the info. I've e-mailed them and hope to get info soon.

But...I am probably being really thick here but we looked at the House and Land Packages and the prices are around 180/190k AUD. Surely that is just for the house alone? Or is it for the house and land? I know it says House and Land Package but it all seems a bit too good to be true!

Sorry to be dense but I'm a bit of a sceptic when things are cheap!!!!!
Hi Tracey, yes that price is for house and land. But it will be a basic - ish house. Most people add on around $5-10K in changes and upgrades. We added on $7000.00 to our basic house price which was $96K. Upgrading doors adding doors, better taps, more plug sockets and so on. Another good builder is Scott Park Homes they have a really good reputation too.
Old Dec 28th 2003, 10:10 pm
Account Closed

Originally posted by Gibson
Hi Tracey, yes that price is for house and land. But it will be a basic - ish house. Most people add on around $5-10K in changes and upgrades. We added on $7000.00 to our basic house price which was $96K. Upgrading doors adding doors, better taps, more plug sockets and so on. Another good builder is Scott Park Homes they have a really good reputation too.
That's a damn good price in our eyes!

Another query, maybe you or someone could help with.... we've got friends who've bought a block of land in Perth and they've been told it will take about 6 months for all the paperwork to go through. They reckon they've only paid a small deposit to secure the land and will have to pay the balance in 6 months when it's finalised. They've said we can do that from the U.K (obviously after looking at plans and area footage) Are there any restrictions for buying land when you're not actually a PR? Has anyone got any experience of time scale for land purchases?
Old Dec 29th 2003, 1:12 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Tracey - some friends of ours bought the land and got the mortgage here and they hadn't even applied for PR at that stage (foreign investment thingy I think it's called)

Diane