building advice

Old Mar 20th 2005, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

bubby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default building advice

Hi just looking at different house sizes and options

199sqm living area,243sqm total area which leaves you a garden size of 18.000m width and 6.800m length back of house to fence or.

227sqm living area, 270sqm total area, garden size of 18.000m width and 5.400m length back of house to fence.

Which would be the better option bigger living area house, or a larger garden. Just thinking if we have to sell in the future. Any advice would be great.based on 535m2 block
Thanks bubby
Old Mar 20th 2005, 4:49 pm
blossom

Default Re: building advice

Originally Posted by bubby

199sqm living area,243sqm total area which leaves you a garden size of 18.000m width and 6.800m length back of house to fence or.

227sqm living area, 270sqm total area, garden size of 18.000m width and 5.400m length back of house to fence.

Which would be the better option bigger living area house, or a larger garden. Just thinking if we have to sell in the future. Any advice would be great.based on 535m2 block
Thanks bubby

If poss, I'd go for a bigger block

Blossom

Old Mar 20th 2005, 4:54 pm
blossom

Thanks bubby
Apologies, my initial response seems a bit curt, and not meant to. However, I would look at buying a larger block as 535m2 isn't all that big. If you've already tied yourself into this block I think you need to consider what is best for your family needs. IMHO I believe larger gardens are favoured.

Blossom

Old Mar 20th 2005, 5:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks bubby
That seems like a lot of back yard for size plot. Have you taken into account the minimum distance needed from front of plot to start of house? Not sure where you are looking but when we were looking into this the minimum front distance vastly reduced the back yard, we ideally wanted a 750/800m2 plot for a decent back garden.
Old Mar 20th 2005, 8:55 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ohippy
That seems like a lot of back yard for size plot. Have you taken into account the minimum distance needed from front of plot to start of house? Not sure where you are looking but when we were looking into this the minimum front distance vastly reduced the back yard, we ideally wanted a 750/800m2 plot for a decent back garden.
I would agree with your comment............the sums dont seem to add up for me.

I take it to have that size of house on that size of plot, that it is a highset you wish to build.......if it is a HS you have to keep in mind that the higher the house, it has to be further away from the boundary fences, than a lowset