Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

UK Basic State Pension & Children

UK Basic State Pension & Children

Old Mar 20th 2005, 8:33 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future
Default UK Basic State Pension & Children

Hi all,
been doing a little light reading this weekend into UK basic state pension and discovered that because I applied for our daughters child benefit I should be entitled to the 16 years (I think it's 16 & not 18) off my pension. e.g.

44 - 16= 28 years to get a maximum pension

Now bearing in mind I've worked for 15 years, I should have half of my basic state pension.

Has anyone else found this or had it confirmed when they apply for a state pension forcast?

Bye
Mark
Old Mar 20th 2005, 8:56 pm

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road
Default Re: UK Basic State Pension & Children

Originally Posted by markeh
Hi all,
been doing a little light reading this weekend into UK basic state pension and discovered that because I applied for our daughters child benefit I should be entitled to the 16 years (I think it's 16 & not 18) off my pension. e.g.

44 - 16= 28 years to get a maximum pension

Now bearing in mind I've worked for 15 years, I should have half of my basic state pension.

Has anyone else found this or had it confirmed when they apply for a state pension forcast?

Bye
Mark
Hi Mark,

A few questions that may help with the answer.

1) Was your daughter born after 1978 (the introduction of the HRP)?

2) Were you not-earning during the 16 years?

If your daughter is now 16 and you did not work for those 16 years and you worked for 15 years prior or since then your calculation is correct.

Feel free to PM me if you want.

Regards
Alistair