Building

Old Feb 14th 2006, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

shade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really nice
Default Building

How long does it take for drawings to get back to you when building.
We got hit with an $11000 price increase.
So far I have learned not to believe a word your saleman tells you.As only 2 weeks ago he said don't worry it will be around $1000 a couple of thousand at the most.
Old Feb 14th 2006, 7:38 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Building

Originally Posted by shade8
So far I have learned not to believe a word your saleman tells you.As only 2 weeks ago he said don't worry it will be around $1000 a couple of thousand at the most.
Are you building a bespoke house from scratch or project build from a major builder ?

Our bespoke drawings took precisely 2 weeks from inception in our heads to plans being submitted to council. They cost $2000 and frankly we couldnt be more pleased - the cost was incorporated into the contract anyway. The building contract was signed 4 weeks before the final price review date which fixed the cost. There was no additional costs to the contract either at that stage.

We ditched the major builders at the last moment during the tender presentation in favour of a smaller builder who we can deal with directly. Frankly given the interesting stories on this board I couldnt be more pleased with that decision. There was just lots of things which didnt add up and I was really uncomfortable with dealing with a head office and then different people at many stages all of which really couldnt give a damn since there was no personal stake for them.

If anyone wants the name of a decent builder in Brisbane then I'd be happy to recommend ours...but heck early days - may all turn to ratshit yet
Old Feb 14th 2006, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Building

Originally Posted by shade8
Once you start tweaking a standard floor plan the costs can rise quite quickly. Part of the cost may be in the footing depending on the soil type. If the site is sloping it may be in new retaining walls, etc. There could also be other things you have asked for that collectively added to the price.

Ask for a price break down.

WW