Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

builders in perh

builders in perh

Old Sep 3rd 2003, 2:12 pm
Just Joined

matt k is an unknown quantity at this point
Default builders in perh

of to perth next year, just need to get my 10 week old son a visa. I'm a carpenter and was wondering what perth was like for builders at the moment.
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 9:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default Re: builders in perh

Originally posted by matt k
of to perth next year, just need to get my 10 week old son a visa. I'm a carpenter and was wondering what perth was like for builders at the moment.
Building Industry booming in most parts of OZ including Perth. Being a carpenter in England my qualify you to be a Carpenter here if you have proper trade papers. Unlikely it would qualify you to be a builder tho. Either position would require a License. This has been discussed before here, try a search using words like Building Services Authority, Licenses etc should pop up some info.
Old Sep 4th 2003, 2:46 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Both my brother and nephew are joiners but neither in the housey side of things anymore. Bro is in shopfitting and he's mega busy, nephew is in kitchens I think and he has had no trouble. Like Dotty says, new houses going up everywhere in Perth and the other tradesmen we know (brickies & plasterers) have no trouble getting work.

Good luck
Diane
Old Sep 4th 2003, 5:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Stoney is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by matt k

Check this website out Matt it may be of some use.

http://www.bcitcwa.com.au/index.shtml

Last edited by Stoney; Sep 4th 2003 at 5:59 am.