Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Builder recommendation on GC anyone?

Builder recommendation on GC anyone?

Old Jan 13th 2006, 11:57 am
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute
Default Builder recommendation on GC anyone?

Hi guys,
Thought here was as good a place as any to get a bit of research done.
We've been and had a chat with a mortgage broker this afternoon and have kind of gone backwards with our decision to build....first we were, then we weren't, then we were, then we weren't now I think we definately will be.
We won't be looking to purchase any land for another 6 weeks so our decision could very well change again (it's just the time frame of building puts us off a little) so I've decided to do a bit of research on builders now.
Is there anyone on the Gold Coast who can recommend a builder, or completely slag one off. I want to hear the good obviously but being warned of the bad would be great aswell.
Cheers M'dears
Marie
Old Jan 13th 2006, 12:06 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Builder recommendation on GC anyone?

Originally Posted by 68MEVY
Hi guys,
We've been and had a chat with a mortgage broker this afternoon and have kind of gone backwards with our decision to build....first we were, then we weren't, then we were, then we weren't now I think we definately will be.
We won't be looking to purchase any land for another 6 weeks so our decision could very well change again (it's just the time frame of building puts us off a little) so I've decided to do a bit of research on builders now.
Is there anyone on the Gold Coast who can recommend a builder, or completely slag one off. I want to hear the good obviously but being warned of the bad would be great aswell.
Cheers M'dears
Marie
Hiya Marie
I can get the builder that did my mums renos to call you if you like? PM me your number & I will email him.
Claire
x
Old Jan 13th 2006, 12:27 pm

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,
Cheers M'dears
Marie
Hi Marie

I know from your previous posts that you had been looking for 100% mortgages due to minimal deposit - have you any experiences to share about this?

Good luck
MMUM
Old Jan 13th 2006, 12:59 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Claire, I've PMd you, thanks.

Hi MMum, must've read your mind, just started a thread.

Marie
Old Jan 13th 2006, 2:52 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Claire, I've PMd you, thanks.

Hi MMum, must've read your mind, just started a thread.

Marie
sent u a pm with his details
Old Jan 14th 2006, 5:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Ialibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys,
Cheers M'dears
Marie
Do what I did some years ago when I found out workmates were shelling out more $ to their builders than toy stores at Christmas. I found myself a Building Consultant and he and I project managed the job. I used his license and he supervised the tradesmen. I saw a lot of him @ the beginning of the project and very little towards the end. I came in at about 1/2 of what builders charge and got to keep all the over ordered stuff that has to be removed as the contract states that the building site should handed over clean and tidy etc.

I also learned to use Project Management software during that job and ended up almost personally knowing every nail that went into the house.