Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hong Kong - weather at end Jan?

Hong Kong - weather at end Jan?

Old Jan 13th 2006, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

Teri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the rough
Default Hong Kong - weather at end Jan?

Hi - you have all been such great help.

Just have one last question regarding our stopover in Hong Kong.

How cold is it 31st Jan - 4 th Feb? Do we need thick jumpers or do we need windbreakers for wind and very cold, or will thin pullovers do?

Not a clue what to pack and since we are heading to QLD - we are throwing out all the winter stuff - so hoping we don't have to drag it across the world for just 2 nights in Hong Kong!!
Old Jan 13th 2006, 10:59 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hong Kong - weather at end Jan?

Originally Posted by Teri

How cold is it 31st Jan - 4 th Feb? Do we need thick jumpers or do we need windbreakers for wind and very cold, or will thin pullovers do?

Not a clue what to pack and since we are heading to QLD - we are throwing out all the winter stuff - so hoping we don't have to drag it across the world for just 2 nights in Hong Kong!!
Well, my ForecastFox plugin for my Firefox browser is currently showing Hong Kong as somewhere between 22 and 24c for the next 7 days but then going down to 14c a week on Saturday.
Old Jan 13th 2006, 11:00 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Cool but dry by the looks of it. Maybe a long sleeved shirt or light jumper would do it?

http://www.weather.com/activities/tr...omnav_business
Old Jan 13th 2006, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

wongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nice

Originally Posted by wmoore
Cool but dry by the looks of it. Maybe a long sleeved shirt or light jumper would do it?

http://www.weather.com/activities/tr...omnav_business
I'd advise taking some warm clothing. My wife is Hong Kong Chinese and advises that during this period the temperature can potentially go down to the 10C- 7C range.

And since you are going at the end of Jan, do enjoy Chinese New Year on teh 29th. You lucky so and so, the fireworks will be great!

Neil
Old Jan 13th 2006, 9:36 pm
kch
Forum Regular

kch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Teri

Hi
A T-shirt and a light jacket or pullover should do. The weather is rather unpredictable this time of the year, could be quite warm. If by chance it gets very chilly while you're there, then you could always pick up something from shops, you can buy cheap clothing in HK. That's what I would do, travel light and buy from Giodano or Bossini (HK clothing stores) or local shops/markets if neccessary, there's plenty to choose from.

Looks like you'll arrive during Chinese New Year. Enjoy your stay!!
Old Jan 13th 2006, 9:40 pm
kch
Forum Regular

kch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by wongstonn
And since you are going at the end of Jan, do enjoy Chinese New Year on teh 29th. You lucky so and so, the fireworks will be great!

Neil

I think he'll probably miss the fireworks display by ONE DAY!
Old Jan 13th 2006, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

wongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nice

Originally Posted by kch
I think he'll probably miss the fireworks display by ONE DAY!
One day out! Oh, well there's plenty of good eating to be had...and shopping. Bossini, G2000, U2, and Giordana...agreed. Good tactic on the clothing.

You've got me thinking about HK now, all that food and shopping! My eyes are glazing over!

Neil
Old Jan 13th 2006, 11:45 pm
kch
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by wongstonn
One day out! Oh, well there's plenty of good eating to be had...and shopping. Bossini, G2000, U2, and Giordana...agreed. Good tactic on the clothing.

You've got me thinking about HK now, all that food and shopping! My eyes are glazing over!

Neil

Wish I were there for the CNY, miss the place.
Old Jan 14th 2006, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

Teri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the rough

Thanks all! Great advice!

Yup! Can you believe it - we miss Chinese New Year by ONE day!! I really thought they might consider doing the fireworks for one extra night - just for us!!

Especially since we will be over looking the harbour!!!

Oh well - can't have it all!
Old Jan 14th 2006, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

paddythepilot will become famous soon enoughpaddythepilot will become famous soon enough

The weather here to day is just - lovely!

Sunny skies and temps about 20C!

However, the weather can be described as 'cool' at the end of January and early February - so either bring a light jacket or plan to go shopping at the stoes others have already mentioned - shoppers paradise!

Enjoy Hong Kong!

Regards