Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BT Ripoff Anyone else used these for cheap calls?

BT Ripoff Anyone else used these for cheap calls?

Old Jan 4th 2008, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

No Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really nice
Default Re: BT Ripoff Anyone else used these for cheap calls?

Try http://www.superline.co.uk

Cheap and you can call from any nominated landline phone or mobile.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 8:34 pm
Banned

forkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by forkandknife
Nice one mate, cheers, good feedback aswell! I will give it a go, get onto these Ozy's and ask them why they do not respond to this new invention we have come across in the UK, the email? Maybe its to advanced, bloody frustrating though, you need an email ringback type service or an email read clarification service!

So if i want to call this number in Redcliffe, Brisbane (07) 3283 3355, how do i plug it into the phone, what is the sequence of digits etc?

OZ Code - 0061

Brisbane Code - 7

2 pence per minute code - 0844 720 2007
Ah right, so to call;

Reduced cost code, so type - 0844 720 2007

Australia code, so then type - 0061

Brisbane code, so then type - 7

http://www.maddiesrealty.com.au/contact.html Estate Agent in Redcliffe number, so then type - 3283 3355

That looks about right?

Last edited by forkandknife; Jan 4th 2008 at 8:38 pm.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 11:26 pm
Just Joined

silvershadow68 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,
I use my free cross network minutes on my mobile contract & call Australian landlines for free.

Example.

I am with virgin mobile (it could be anybody), my particular contract , i get 300 free minutes per month.

Google, 07744

There is a multitude of companies, that offer this service.

Check your network first. On virgin, what happens, i dial one of the
07744 xxx xxx numbers
you then enter you oz landline number when prompted , and you are then connected.

What you are using, comes off your free network minutes, and you are not charged for anything else.

The virgin network recognize the 07744 number, as a local number, which can be used for the free crossnetwork minutes.

I have been using this for the last year no problems.

The good thing about it , is, that you could be out and about, at anytime during the day, and call your loved ones from ur mobile for free.

hope this helps

Tom
Old Jan 5th 2008, 12:02 am
BE Enthusiast

rockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud of

http://www.call18866.co.uk/index2.php#

Just in case, you see your linked conked out, cheers for all of the replies, nice one!
We used this to call Oz from the UK.
When you get established in Oz it is possible to set up a UK landline number which diverts to an Oz landline via a modem. Means UK landline rates for all your relatives and friends when they call you in Oz
Old Jan 5th 2008, 2:22 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one mate, cheers, good feedback aswell! I will give it a go, get onto these Ozy's and ask them why they do not respond to this new invention we have come across in the UK, the email? Maybe its to advanced, bloody frustrating though, you need an email ringback type service or an email read clarification service!

So if i want to call this number in Redcliffe, Brisbane (07) 3*** ****, how do i plug it into the phone, what is the sequence of digits etc?

OZ Code - 0061

Brisbane Code - 7

2 pence per minute code - 0844 720 2007
Maybe a mod should have that number deleted, if it's a legit number.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 3:41 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone else used these for cheap calls to OZ?

[QUOTE=forkandknife;5734251]

Its seems as usual BT are taking the p!ss with regards to the cost of calling OZ? 30 pence per minute, below it seems around 2 pence per minute, is there any catch, where for example the first five mintutes it is charged for a minium call length/cost of five quid etc?

QUOTE]

Check out www.jajah.com

2p per minute and free calls between registered users.

NOT SKYPE... use your normal telephone but start the call from the PC. We use it all the time and in 2 years have save just under 900 GBP (there is a counter on the site) which estimates the savings.

Like I said, free calls and you just cannot get cheaper than that!!!

Neil.