Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Broadband in Berwick, Narre Warren

Broadband in Berwick, Narre Warren

Old Apr 30th 2007, 6:30 am
What am I doing??!!

naifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nice
Default Broadband in Berwick, Narre Warren

Hi

Due to move over to Berwick or Narre Warren at the end of May.

Can anyone tell me if Broadband is available in both these areas and if so what sort of speeds are available....and who do you recommend as an ISP?

Thanks
Old Apr 30th 2007, 6:31 am

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: Broadband in Berwick, Narre Warren

Originally Posted by naifyboy
Hi

Can anyone tell me if Broadband is available in both these areas and if so what sort of speeds are available....and who do you recommend as an ISP?

Thanks
sooner or later someone will refer you to www.whirlpool.net
Old Apr 30th 2007, 7:14 am
What am I doing??!!

naifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nice

Originally Posted by gedge
sooner or later someone will refer you to www.whirlpool.net
is that supposed to be a joke? if so i dont get it!
can someone please help me with a sensible answer - thanks.

Last edited by naifyboy; Apr 30th 2007 at 7:17 am.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute

Think he meant this one....

http://whirlpool.net.au/

Old Apr 30th 2007, 7:22 am
What am I doing??!!

Originally Posted by Pootle
Think he meant this one....

http://whirlpool.net.au/

Now it makes sense!

however, i dont have a phone number to check on at the moment because i dont live there yet - and was wondering if people who live in berwick can get broadband - especially the areas like "The Chase" or the "Bellbird Park Estate".
Old Apr 30th 2007, 7:26 am
Just Joined

rick_sawyers is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Thanks
hi naifyboy

I'm in Berwick and I get 1.5meg asdl+. I use IInet, and the quality seems pretty good - I use Skype to keep in touch with the folks back home and it works beautifully.

IInet are OK - had a few problems with them when I was trying to get started - took ages to get through to support line and it took ages for them to deliver my free modem - ended up going and buying one in fact, but since then have had no problems - service is always available.

If you're interested It costs about $80 per month and I've got some fairly substantial download limit - 20 gig ish (I've got a combined phone/internet package with them which is why I can't remember exactly how much the internet bit is, but our monthly total bill is usually about $150)

hope that helps
Old Apr 30th 2007, 8:49 am
What am I doing??!!

Originally Posted by rick_sawyers
hi naifyboy

I'm in Berwick and I get 1.5meg asdl+. I use IInet, and the quality seems pretty good - I use Skype to keep in touch with the folks back home and it works beautifully.

IInet are OK - had a few problems with them when I was trying to get started - took ages to get through to support line and it took ages for them to deliver my free modem - ended up going and buying one in fact, but since then have had no problems - service is always available.

If you're interested It costs about $80 per month and I've got some fairly substantial download limit - 20 gig ish (I've got a combined phone/internet package with them which is why I can't remember exactly how much the internet bit is, but our monthly total bill is usually about $150)

hope that helps

thanks rick - can you tell me what part of berwick you are in?
Old Apr 30th 2007, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

TracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really nice

Hi,

We live in Berwick and have been here for 18 months. We have Telstra Broadband, not sure about technical stuff like speed but uts fast enough for us. We pay $59.95 per month unlimited.

If you have any questions about Berwick, fire away!

Tracy
Old Apr 30th 2007, 10:41 pm
Just Joined

rick_sawyers is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks rick - can you tell me what part of berwick you are in?
naifyboy - we're on the north side - just east of bellbird park.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 10:51 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

is that supposed to be a joke? if so i dont get it!
can someone please help me with a sensible answer - thanks.
apologies naifyboy, i am capable of making mistakes
you can still use whirlpool to find an ISP even without a phone number
i'd recommend iiNet like rick_sawyers, if you can get on one of their exchanges they provide ADSL2+
Old May 1st 2007, 6:43 am
What am I doing??!!

Originally Posted by gedge
apologies naifyboy, i am capable of making mistakes
you can still use whirlpool to find an ISP even without a phone number
i'd recommend iiNet like rick_sawyers, if you can get on one of their exchanges they provide ADSL2+
no probs - it was kinda funny really!

thanks