Broadband

Old Oct 19th 2006, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

firn will become famous soon enough
Default Broadband

Hi, Please can anyone give me an idea of the broadband options available in WA. Links would be great!

Thanks, Nick.
Old Oct 19th 2006, 8:45 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broadband

Originally Posted by firn
Hi, Please can anyone give me an idea of the broadband options available in WA. Links would be great!

Thanks, Nick.
For the definitive answer see here
Old Oct 20th 2006, 3:32 pm
Paul, Louise, Laura & Amy

gajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant future

Thanks, Nick.
And if you're after an internet option which someone (me) has been extremely pleased with (I've tried three different ISP's now) then take a look here at iiNet's ADSL2+ plans http://bc.whirlpool.net.au/isp.cfm/i...Mbit/15-2.html.

I've tried Cyberlink (very good support, but dogged by the big boys who provide the ADSL services, no ADSL2+). I also tried AAPT who have no bells and whistles but are cheap and cheerful with BIG download quotas. But for me the best by far is iiNet, VERY fast ADSL2+, I'm getting 7.6Mbits down and 1Mbit up with my cranky old ADSL1 modem!! Very very happy with them.

Been told to avoid Telstra Bigpond unless you're going on cable, and also don't get locked in 24 month plans. I'm on a 6 month plan with iiNet.

Paul
Old Oct 21st 2006, 12:38 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, Nick.
I'm with Optus. Free ADSL + 2 modem and no set up fees (24 month contract). Just watch out for download limits, they are really back ward compared to the UK with a (for example) 4GB limit and once you reach it, they slow you down... crap!
Unlimited will be around the corner.. hopefully!!!!

Neil.
Old Oct 21st 2006, 2:03 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gajjitt
And if you're after an internet option which someone (me) has been extremely pleased with (I've tried three different ISP's now) then take a look here at iiNet's ADSL2+ plans http://bc.whirlpool.net.au/isp.cfm/i...Mbit/15-2.html.
I'm about to go with iiNet as well... Did you take their phone package as well...?
Old Oct 21st 2006, 4:47 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I say iinet too, we have had their service for 16 months now, ADSL2 since we moved house and its superb. I don't understand how the speeds work but I download a half hour tv show of 180MB in about 7 minutes.

We also have the phone and so far no probs with that either.
Old Oct 21st 2006, 4:58 am
Timelord

Originally Posted by northernbird
I say iinet too, we have had their service for 16 months now, ADSL2 since we moved house and its superb. I don't understand how the speeds work but I download a half hour tv show of 180MB in about 7 minutes.

We also have the phone and so far no probs with that either.
That'll be quick enough for me...

I'll book them this afternoon... Hope they've got some deals on the go...
Old Oct 21st 2006, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

firn will become famous soon enough

Thanks guys, that's really helpful. I can't do without Broadband, so I'll sign up with either of the two mentioned as soon as I get to Oz.

Thanks, Nick.
Old Oct 27th 2006, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Daren is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, have just received my iinet 621 modem pack.I have tried to set it up to no luck.Have tried the helpline and they say i mustnt have the correct hardware for broadband,but it worked ok in the uk.Dial-up works ok.The same also applies to my laptop.
Could this because my computers are uk models?Both are windows xp.
Iinet say everything is ok at their end.
Any help would be appreciated,and if all else fails can anybody reccomend a computer repair/upgrade shop in perth,preferably nor.
Thanks...Daren
Old Oct 27th 2006, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Daren
Hi, have just received my iinet 621 modem pack.I have tried to set it up to no luck.Have tried the helpline and they say i mustnt have the correct hardware for broadband,but it worked ok in the uk.Dial-up works ok.The same also applies to my laptop.
Could this because my computers are uk models?Both are windows xp.
Iinet say everything is ok at their end.
Any help would be appreciated,and if all else fails can anybody reccomend a computer repair/upgrade shop in perth,preferably nor.
Thanks...Daren
Unlikely to be a problem with the laptops I'd say, more likely something not setup right with the modem.

Do you have line filters installed on all your phone points? What exactly is the problem you are having? Are all the details entered correctly on the modem? Wish I could be more helpful but I think I am a bit too far away to be much use