Broadband

Old Jul 30th 2006, 12:27 pm
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of
Question Broadband

Just wondering is broadband available in most towns in Oz or just in the cities??
Old Jul 30th 2006, 12:45 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default Re: Broadband

Its getting better and better.

I live in a rural town and pretty much the whole place has it. We also have some good friends on a farm, about 80ks north east of Adelaide, and they have BB via satelite.

In SA (im sure all states do this too), you can get satelite BB subsidised by the gvt if you cannot get it at your local exchange. This is for country clients only i think, so if you're in a town and can't get it i think you just have to wait for it to roll out in your area.
Old Jul 30th 2006, 12:52 pm
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by PeteY
Its getting better and better.

I live in a rural town and pretty much the whole place has it. We also have some good friends on a farm, about 80ks north east of Adelaide, and they have BB via satelite.

In SA (im sure all states do this too), you can get satelite BB subsidised by the gvt if you cannot get it at your local exchange. This is for country clients only i think, so if you're in a town and can't get it i think you just have to wait for it to roll out in your area.
Thanks for that
Old Jul 30th 2006, 2:56 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wannabauzzienurse
Thanks for that
Is it similar to here in UK, as in unlimited downloads etc etc?

Or are you limited to how much data you can transfer?
Old Jul 30th 2006, 7:06 pm
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

you can get unlimited packages but you pay quite a lot for them. Have a look at some of the providers to get an idea.

www.bigpond.com.au and www.iprimus.com.au are two of the larger providers. There is also www.dodo.com.au
Old Jul 30th 2006, 7:43 pm
I'm came with Creature

Dizzykaren is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Katsmajics other half !!!
Is it similar to here in UK, as in unlimited downloads etc etc?

Or are you limited to how much data you can transfer?
It terms of the cost and the speeds available its a good few years behind the UK.
Old Jul 30th 2006, 7:50 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dizzykaren
It terms of the cost and the speeds available its a good few years behind the UK.

Cool cos you can get upto 24mbps dl speeds now in OZ so in a few years dl is going to be so fast that its downloaded before you even click it.
Old Jul 30th 2006, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

coggerocks2 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Dizzykaren

Sorry this is wrong, only the big 'name' providers are offering bad packages still....

If you look around you will find companies offering 24,000k ADSL2+ download speeds and for not much, which is far better then any of my friends have in the UK.

www.whirlpool.net.au is a good resourse.
Old Jul 30th 2006, 11:56 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coggerocks2
Sorry this is wrong, only the big 'name' providers are offering bad packages still....

If you look around you will find companies offering 24,000k ADSL2+ download speeds and for not much, which is far better then any of my friends have in the UK.

www.whirlpool.net.au is a good resourse.
Correct. I have iinet 24Mb ADSL2+ (effectively get 17-18Mb) with a 40Gb limit (then shaped) for $79.99/month. It's really fast, I download a 30 minute program from UKNova in 20 minutes or less.

I am 30km's out of Perth.
Old Jul 31st 2006, 3:57 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
Cool cos you can get upto 24mbps dl speeds now in OZ so in a few years dl is going to be so fast that its downloaded before you even click it.
Thats they way it should be, all the links on a page should be cached so as soon as you click it it appears instantly
Old Jul 31st 2006, 5:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Muzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Correct. I have iinet 24Mb ADSL2+ (effectively get 17-18Mb) with a 40Gb limit (then shaped) for $79.99/month. It's really fast, I download a 30 minute program from UKNova in 20 minutes or less.

I am 30km's out of Perth.
Jeez, must have been a sleep a long while...We have been on Westnet for a while now, but looking at iinets vastly improved network with ADSL2, time to bin Westnet.
Old Jul 31st 2006, 5:45 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Muzza04
Jeez, must have been a sleep a long while...We have been on Westnet for a while now, but looking at iinets vastly improved network with ADSL2, time to bin Westnet.
You're in Roleystone right? I'm sure the exchange there is ADSL2+ enabled like the exchange in Kalamunda. It helps the iinet are a Perth based company.
Old Jul 31st 2006, 5:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Muzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant future

You're in Roleystone right? I'm sure the exchange there is ADSL2+ enabled like the exchange in Kalamunda. It helps the iinet are a Perth based company.
yes, have checked iinets network and it;s ADSL2 enabled at Roleystone.
Old Jul 31st 2006, 6:14 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

It shits me that they are all doing the phone package with it though, so unless you get the phone with them you can only get 1.5mb or with Westnet they are charging an extra $10 a month if you dont