Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

british pensions

british pensions

Old May 30th 2007, 9:51 am
Banned

Location: from Shepherds Bush to Aussie Bush. Well not quite - Mountain Creek, Sunshine Coast
jc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to all
Default british pensions

Has anyone here transfered some/all of there pensions over to Aus ? If so, any good recomendations on companies that offer a good service on this one.

Cheers in advance..
Old May 30th 2007, 11:33 pm
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: british pensions

We have just completed the transfer process and have used a company over here in Brisbane called Global Pension Transfers.
They have been excellent and my brother in law has just started to transfer his with them.
The whole process for ours took about 12 weeks and that included getting the transfer value information from the NHS who are usually notoriously slow

If you want any further info including address and phone number just PM me and I will be happy to oblige

Loz x
Old May 31st 2007, 3:06 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jc_hoops
Has anyone here transfered some/all of there pensions over to Aus ? If so, any good recomendations on companies that offer a good service on this one.

Cheers in advance..
There was some recent UK law change which makes it either easier or cheaper (or both) to do this. There are a limited number of qualifying super funds in Oz that can be used called QROPs (qualifying something something pensions schemes).

I believe that the super changes here from 1 July mean that ll this is on hold at the moment, at least according to my super fund when I asked them, so you may wan to wait until after 1 July.
Old May 31st 2007, 6:17 am
RRZ
Forum Regular

RRZ is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think anything is actually "on hold" at the moment, or I hope so - it's just that anyone wanting (and able!) to put 1M Aussie in their fund has to do it before 30 June. Mine is certainly going through at the moment and my fund -AustralianSuper -have just provided the QROPS requirements (and pretty quickly, so I would recommend them!)

I'm pretty happy with how mine is progressing but will hold off making any recommendations about who to use until it's "done and dusted". But I would never(!) pay the 4% of transfer value that some of the firms seem to require; get a fixed price.
Old May 31st 2007, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

Wolf is just really niceWolf is just really niceWolf is just really niceWolf is just really niceWolf is just really niceWolf is just really niceWolf is just really niceWolf is just really nice

You don't need to use/pay a firm 2% -5% of your funds value to move it over!

Once you've decided on which QROPS company you wish to use, just join them, fill the various forms out and they do the rest.