Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

British Chocolate

British Chocolate

Old May 31st 2004, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Re: Aussie chocs are OK too!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tinaj
Originally posted by debsy
I am a serious chocaholic and I am really looking forward to going to Aus as I hate their chocolate After a while, you do as someone said earlier start to use whats available.

I love chocolate and don't notice much difference between the Cadbury Dairy Milk here either. It is $2.79 a large bar today- yum!
Oh drat thats no good for the diet
Bet you dont eat any Tina - saw you looking all skinny and glamourous in your piccie on the other thread

Thanks Michaela. I usually use the fresh ones but I suppose that I will have to get used to the ones in packets. They are great to make for my veggie mates though
Old Jun 1st 2004, 12:26 pm
mickj

Does everyone still agree though, that the best chocolates come from Switzerland and Belgium? When you are away from Europe, you miss all that close proximity with these countries, and the ability to just take off for the weekend, or a long weekend if its a bank holiday !

Once again.....its not terry's, its mine ( terry's gold chocolate )

Old Jun 1st 2004, 2:33 pm
Look at me kimmie

leanda will become famous soon enoughleanda will become famous soon enough

Im sorry but the only chocolate for me is CADBURYS got to be, with this in mind I will probably loose half my body weight in Oz cause its not the same out there. My cousin who lives in Canada even phoned up Cadburys and asked why there choccie tastes different out there compared to the UK Cadburys and she was told the only difference is the milk, so she is now a bit thinner as well.
Old Jun 1st 2004, 2:42 pm
mickj

Yes the cadbury's thing seems to come up every now and then. I just think the ingredients and manufacturing and specific to different parts of the world.

Don't you get that with baked beans and Kellogs special K too?

Old Jun 1st 2004, 3:24 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Chocolate

Originally posted by jjonboy
I've been in Oz for 18 months now and the one thing i missed the most from Blighty was decent chocolate...

I am now happy to say i have found a place in Sydney which sells the stuff....

ANyone feel the same? Try looking on the first floor of the harbourside shopping centre in Darling Harbour....

ANyone else miss anything matterial and found a place to get it from?

Check out www.treatsfromhome.com.au

$2.50 for toffee crisp, mars, dairy milk 49g, yorkie bar, 6pk walnut whips etc. lots of choice.

Don't know how that equates monitarily as to whether that's good value for money but whey I get over there, if I'm desperate for decent chocolote, this is where I'll go!!!! (that or pay for a friend to ship some over - bugger the cost!).

D D