Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

British Airways Strike Days

British Airways Strike Days

Old Mar 19th 2010, 12:06 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of
Default Re: British Airways Strike Days

Originally Posted by BajanJo
Hi Beedubya,
Have you heard yet if your flight is going ahead or not?
As far as I can gather the flight is still scheduled to go ahead BUT

- Heathrow T5 is likely to be somewhat unpleasant <massive understatement>.
- Amateur 'fill-in' crew. (slow distribution of and cleanup after meals).
- No hot food.

Apart from that once the plane is in the air and away from London you might be ok. In flight entertainment will still work - and I cant imagine that the flight will take any longer however, there might be a bit a of a longer stop at Singapore whilst a new replacement temporary crew is found.
Old Mar 19th 2010, 12:14 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DadAgain
- Heathrow T5 is likely to be somewhat unpleasant <massive understatement.
Just as well kangaroo flights depart from T3 then isn't it!
Old Mar 19th 2010, 12:27 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bcworld
Just as well kangaroo flights depart from T3 then isn't it!
Ooops - my bad - I went from T5 last time I flew BA... but that was via HK - I assumed this would be the same!
Old Mar 19th 2010, 12:37 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DadAgain
Ooops - my bad - I went from T5 last time I flew BA... but that was via HK - I assumed this would be the same!
I think because they provide a joint service with Qantas, and share facilities like lounges etc they have ended up in T3...wouldn't be a good look having the flying kangaroo parked at T5 which is fortress BA!