china airlines

Old Mar 17th 2010, 7:00 pm
markj

painter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nice
Default china airlines

Has anyone flew by china airlines to oz
Are they any good
Cheers
Old Mar 17th 2010, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

AJRussell is just really niceAJRussell is just really niceAJRussell is just really niceAJRussell is just really niceAJRussell is just really niceAJRussell is just really niceAJRussell is just really niceAJRussell is just really niceAJRussell is just really niceAJRussell is just really niceAJRussell is just really nice
Default Re: china airlines

My sister used to work for STA, she said she wouldnt fly her worst enemy on them. Their flight safety record isnt amazing either.

Personnaly, ive flow to Oz with BA, JAL, Singapore Airlines, Quantas and Malaysian. Quantas were the best by far.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 9:07 pm
Bright in Orange

Scotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by painter man
Has anyone flew by china airlines to oz
Are they any good
Cheers
Have a look at this

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/china.htm
Old Mar 17th 2010, 9:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

Do you mean China Airlines the Taiwanese airline? If so yes their safety record hasn't been great but I don't think anything has happened for a while.

Otherwise Chinese airlines have improved safety and China Southern Airlines have done some good deals in the past flying via Shanghai. Not sure what the service is like though.

Seems at the moment a lot of the majors have the same prices - we are looking going back in May and Emirates,Singapore, Malaysian etc are all around 1970 ish.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 9:22 pm
Banned

swigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to all

Parents flew to Oz with them and were not impressed to say the least! Especially with the way the were treated like prisoners of war at Beijing. Food was not good either. They are cheap for good reason.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

Personally, I wouldn't fly on any of the Chinese airlines (except Cathay Pacific which is Swire owned and British really). Garuda and Chinese airlines are my no-nos.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

gmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by itigo
Personally, I wouldn't fly on any of the Chinese airlines (except Cathay Pacific which is Swire owned and British really). Garuda and Chinese airlines are my no-nos.
Agreed, Cathay Pacific should not really be compared with Chinese airlines, they are in a different class altogether.

Not used China airlines myself but my wife has and was not too impressed with them.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 1:28 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gmralston
Agreed, Cathay Pacific should not really be compared with Chinese airlines, they are in a different class altogether.

Not used China airlines myself but my wife has and was not too impressed with them.
Definitely Cathay are in a different class - superb airline. China on the other hand.....
Old Mar 19th 2010, 1:03 am
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

we went china eastern from LHR to MEL via PVG in Business Class. It was ok, pretty standard product. Wouldnt go economy though. And dont expect much from the entertainment (mostly chinese) or the breakfast (in fact the food was all pretty poor).
Just make sure you are on a newer aircraft. Their old ones are shoddy.
Old Mar 19th 2010, 1:38 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by koalakim
Do you mean China Airlines the Taiwanese airline? If so yes their safety record hasn't been great but I don't think anything has happened for a while.

Otherwise Chinese airlines have improved safety and China Southern Airlines have done some good deals in the past flying via Shanghai. Not sure what the service is like though.

Seems at the moment a lot of the majors have the same prices - we are looking going back in May and Emirates,Singapore, Malaysian etc are all around 1970 ish.
Singapore, the airline of choice for many on BE, has had a couple of seriously bad accidents.
Old Mar 19th 2010, 2:08 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Singapore, the airline of choice for many on BE, has had a couple of seriously bad accidents.
I was reading yesterday that SIAs A380 deliveries have been delayed as it has been discovered that the manufacturer of the business & first seats has been found to have falsified air safety certificates!

The Australia A380 schedule has been affected as I noticed when I was checking MEL flights the other day...a very shonkily refurbed 777 (rather than putting in the new eco seats they are simply recovering the old ones with new cloth - no AVOD still!) will be flying some of the routes - it is certainly moving onto the most popular MEL flight soon.

Tsk tsk!