Reload this Page >

Brisbane short let apartments/cheap accommodation

Brisbane short let apartments/cheap accommodation

Old May 1st 2011, 11:26 pm
Just Joined

Blues63 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brisbane short let apartments/cheap accommodation

Hi
I'm planning a trip to Brisbane from approx 15th Oct to 5th Nov 2011 and I really need your help as the cost of hotel accommodation will make it nearly impossible.
I've Googled everything I can think of but I can't find any sites where say, apartment owners let out their homes for a few weeks or any studio apartments to rent that are cheaper than the cheapest quote I got for a hotel room.
Anyone have any ideas or know anyone might be interested in a holiday swap? I have a nice house just outside Dublin, Ireland.The swap homes on the sites I looked at were all huge with pools, I just want a handy apartment!
I have a friend in Brisbane who can vouch for me but can't put me up at that time unfortunately!
Any help, suggestions much appreciated.
Thanks,
B.
Old May 1st 2011, 11:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane short let apartments/cheap accommodation

http://www.taringagardens.com.au/apartments.html

http://www.taringagardens.com.au/
Old May 1st 2011, 11:34 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the link, Alfresco - just checked the prices, the cheapest is for a one-bed apartment and is unfortunately still too expensive at 100 AUD per night!
Over what would be nearly 3 weeks that would sure mount up - be ideal for a couple but not for a single person.
Thanks again
B.
Old May 2nd 2011, 4:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Someone in another post mentioned this place for $600/week for separate bedroom so assume even cheaper for studio.

http://www.wesleyapartments.com.au/index.html
Old May 2nd 2011, 7:32 am
Just Joined

Many thanks for that link - I've just emailed them so we'll see what they come back with.
Any other suggestions/ideas very welcome!!
Cheers
B.
Old May 2nd 2011, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

rozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud of

Ok, if you are REEEEAAAALLY trying to get away with paying as little as possible, why not try couch surfing?

http://brisbane.gumtree.com.au/f-Uni...0QQCatIdZ18363
Old May 2nd 2011, 8:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.mintostudenthouse.com/
Old May 2nd 2011, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

selina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to behold

Try

http://www.seqrents.com.au

Look for Manhattan Apartments in Newstead. We stayed there when we first relocated. Lovely location, great apartment and a very helpful resident manager. I think the price was around $370 for 1 bed and $ 500 for 2 bed per week.

Good luck

Selina x
Old May 2nd 2011, 9:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by selina
Try

http://www.seqrents.com.au

Look for Manhattan Apartments in Newstead. We stayed there when we first relocated. Lovely location, great apartment and a very helpful resident manager. I think the price was around $370 for 1 bed and $ 500 for 2 bed per week.

Good luck

Selina x
Great site...though I guess those rents you posted are not for short term, furnished accomm. Minimum term of 6 months?
Old May 2nd 2011, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

You need to search for 'holiday rentals' at estate agents.
eg http://www.realholidays.com.au/cgi-b...10&header=&ty=

Where do you want to be?
Old May 2nd 2011, 12:34 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for all the info everyone.
Lesleys - I want to be within shouting distance of the Holland Park area of Brisbane. I'll check out that link for holiday rentals.
Cheers
B.
Old May 3rd 2011, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

selina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by fish.01
Great site...though I guess those rents you posted are not for short term, furnished accomm. Minimum term of 6 months?
The Manhattan do rent by the week. We only stayed there 2 weeks so give them a go, lovely place too.

Selina x
Old May 3rd 2011, 11:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Manhattan do rent by the week. We only stayed there 2 weeks so give them a go, lovely place too.

Selina x
Yeah I noticed they do and that site looks great...just don't suppose you can get a place for the prices you mentioned (eg $370 1 bed) when renting for a few weeks - if you can a lot of people on here will be very happy.
Old May 4th 2011, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fish.01
Yeah I noticed they do and that site looks great...just don't suppose you can get a place for the prices you mentioned (eg $370 1 bed) when renting for a few weeks - if you can a lot of people on here will be very happy.
That's the price on the website so worth enquiring. We paid $500pw for the 2 bed on a 2 week short let.

Selina x
Old May 4th 2011, 7:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That's the price on the website so worth enquiring. We paid $500pw for the 2 bed on a 2 week short let.

Selina x
Wow that's still pretty good.

Just thinking there might be a minimum term for the $375 price as further down on the same page it says:

Rent per week:

Unfurnished from $520 (Minimum term six (6) months)
Furnished from $550 (Minimunm term one (1) month)