Reload this Page >

Brisbane > School, Help

Brisbane > School, Help

Old Mar 21st 2009, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

dhama is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brisbane > School, Help

Hi Freinds,
Finally Got through after passing many hurdles and now it comes to my mind that what is next and i need information on few basic info on schools . If some one can guide me i would really appreciate and that will guide me for initial estabilshment. Finally i have planned to move to Oz in August 2009.Here are my queries

1. My daughter is completing her grade 5 in 20th may in 2009 in USA and she her grade 6 school caleander starts in usa only in august 2009. Will she get admission in grade 6 OR Grade 5 in brisbane at any school directly
? but there would be hardly 3 months left over in OZ in the current year. My question is what she will do remaining 6 months from august to january 2010.

2. I was shocked yesterday by reading the news that the queens land had the highest record of bullying cases (Arround 14000 Physical assualt cases) and goverment is trying their level best to control bullying. I am sacred . Is it true? Can any one confirm this. In usa we never had any problem in Schools.Also i heard that Private schools ( Roman catholic specially) are really good and well disciplined as compared to many other schools. I Dont mind spending money by getting her in to private schools but is ther any advantge that private schools have over public schools. can some post the best private and public schools in this post.

Please correct me if i am wrong and guide me to the right direction. Any assitance on this would be remembered. Thanks and regards. Dhama
Old Mar 21st 2009, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of
Default Re: Brisbane > School, Help

just briefly - the class she goes into will depend on her date of birth... what will she do for 3 months??? she will make friends and build a social network helping her to settle into australian life making the new year start in january much easier and less stressful for her.

I dont know about brisbane schools as im in nsw... but the bullying here does seem more physical in general from my limited experience...
Old Mar 21st 2009, 8:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Look there are rough kids all over australia, not just qld. Yes bullying happens, again not just qld.

In primary one of my kids was subject to horrendous violent bullying, as was his little mate from Singapore. However it was dealt with, eventually the kid was suspended, then he left the school. Grade 5 he had 2 very violent children in his class, some other years he had no trouble at all.

The youngest two boys are now in a giant high school of 2000+ kids. I am impressed with the control the school has over such a large amount of teens. There have been incidents, a stabbing, a suicide attempt, drugs, booze, violence, all have been dealt with very quickly. The school seems to suspend kids very swiftly. 2 weeks ago, bikes were being stolen, all the grade 10 boys went up in a line up , mine included, but I dont mind, it found the culprit.

Find a school that takes a hard line on all the usual teenage/child antics and you will be fine.

Last edited by jad n rich; Mar 21st 2009 at 8:49 pm.
Old Mar 21st 2009, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Great info . I appreciate it.dham

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Look there are rough kids all over australia, not just qld. Yes bullying happens, again not just qld.

In primary one of my kids was subject to horrendous violent bullying, as was his little mate from Singapore. However it was dealt with, eventually the kid was suspended, then he left the school. Grade 5 he had 2 very violent children in his class, some other years he had no trouble at all.

The youngest two boys are now in a giant high school of 2000+ kids. I am impressed with the control the school has over such a large amount of teens. There have been incidents, a stabbing, a suicide attempt, drugs, booze, violence, all have been dealt with very quickly. The school seems to suspend kids very swiftly. 2 weeks ago, bikes were being stolen, all the grade 10 boys went up in a line up , mine included, but I dont mind, it found the culprit.

Find a school that takes a hard line on all the usual teenage/child antics and you will be fine.
Old Mar 21st 2009, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks. she is easily distracted and also keep her ideally for 3 months is vey difficult.. She has been brought up in cross culture so adapting a australain culuture should not be a problem for her . Howevr when she starts speaking Then never close her mouth bla bla bla Regards. Dhama

Originally Posted by homewardbound
just briefly - the class she goes into will depend on her date of birth... what will she do for 3 months??? she will make friends and build a social network helping her to settle into australian life making the new year start in january much easier and less stressful for her.

I dont know about brisbane schools as im in nsw... but the bullying here does seem more physical in general from my limited experience...