Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane CBD drinking - Tuesday 20th January

Brisbane CBD drinking - Tuesday 20th January

Old Jan 14th 2009, 5:04 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Brisbane CBD drinking - Tuesday 20th January

Next Brisbane Drinking Meet Tuesday 20th January

Location is Gilhooleys, on the corner of Albert Street and Charlotte Street in Brisbane CBD. They sell Guinness, and Bulmers & Magners cider amongst other tipples, which makes it a perfect meeting place.

Usually one of us there from 5.15ish onwards, and I'm happy to pm my mobile number to anyone who needs it.

Its about 10 minutes from Central Station, and there's a taxi rank outside.

Everyone is welcome, we really are quite a tame and friendly bunch, and Aussies are welcome too.

Barring storms, floods, cyclones, silly shifts, husbands that need their dinner, and wives that need the kids looked after we'll be there, and we'd love anyone new to come and join us

Old Jan 14th 2009, 5:06 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane CBD drinking - Tuesday 20th January

Hope that the "new" people who have turned up over the last couple of weeks will come and join us again - great to meet you all - including those who have been banned by me in the past, glad to see there are no hard feelings!!

Last edited by Pollyana; Jan 15th 2009 at 3:28 am.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 2:00 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Hope that the "new" people who have turned up ver the last couple of weeks will come and join us again - great to meet you all - including those who have been banned by me in the past, glad to see there are no hard feelings!!
They must have been real arseholes for you to ban them,not sure i want to drink with these people

Old Jan 15th 2009, 3:29 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
They must have been real arseholes for you to ban them,not sure i want to drink with these people

Actually Mick's a really good laugh........you'd get on well with him I reckon, none of the rest of us would get a word in edgeways though!! And I don't think I ever banned him for being troublesome........
Old Jan 15th 2009, 3:31 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Hope that the "new" people who have turned up over the last couple of weeks will come and join us again - great to meet you all - including those who have been banned by me in the past, glad to see there are no hard feelings!!
can't make it for a few weeks........my social calendar is too full
Old Jan 15th 2009, 4:56 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Grayling
can't make it for a few weeks........my social calendar is too full
You social butterfly, you!!!!

You HAVE to come again - I'd actually like a chance to talk to you more, I didn't get much chance last time
Old Jan 15th 2009, 7:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

You social butterfly, you!!!!

You HAVE to come again - I'd actually like a chance to talk to you more, I didn't get much chance last time
Guess why ???? You were too engrossed in the bloody MAGNERS
Old Jan 15th 2009, 8:38 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
Guess why ???? You were too engrossed in the bloody MAGNERS
No, it was more complicated than that......I didn't even have a drink for nearly an hour till some kind soul decided to bring it over to me
Old Jan 17th 2009, 10:05 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

No, it was more complicated than that......I didn't even have a drink for nearly an hour till some kind soul decided to bring it over to me
Oh i wonder who that was
Old Jan 18th 2009, 12:57 am
Just Joined

Brisbaned is an unknown quantity at this point

Next Brisbane Drinking Meet Tuesday 20th January

Location is Gilhooleys, on the corner of Albert Street and Charlotte Street in Brisbane CBD. They sell Guinness, and Bulmers & Magners cider amongst other tipples, which makes it a perfect meeting place.

Usually one of us there from 5.15ish onwards, and I'm happy to pm my mobile number to anyone who needs it.

Its about 10 minutes from Central Station, and there's a taxi rank outside.

Everyone is welcome, we really are quite a tame and friendly bunch, and Aussies are welcome too.

Barring storms, floods, cyclones, silly shifts, husbands that need their dinner, and wives that need the kids looked after we'll be there, and we'd love anyone new to come and join us

Hi! How long does your meet last? We wouldn't get there til 6.30pm or so? Thanks
Old Jan 18th 2009, 1:51 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Brisbaned
Hi! How long does your meet last? We wouldn't get there til 6.30pm or so? Thanks
At elast some of us are usually there until the pub chucks out - which is a variable time depending on the mood of the bar staff, but usually 9 or later. Not unusual for some of us not to get there till 6.30 or later, depending on what shifts we are on etc.
I can't make it for the next 2 weeks cos I'm on night shifts, but I'm sure Linda and a couple of the others's are going this week
Old Jan 19th 2009, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

PAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry unable to make it this week
Old Jan 19th 2009, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

Jillaroo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi! Just got back to Brissy today from the Gold Coast but I'll be going to a gig tomm night so probably won't be able to join you this time (tho if it finishes early enough I'll try pop in for a quick one.)
Cheers all!
Old Jan 19th 2009, 1:37 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Jillaroo
Hi! Just got back to Brissy today from the Gold Coast but I'll be going to a gig tomm night so probably won't be able to join you this time (tho if it finishes early enough I'll try pop in for a quick one.)
Cheers all!
I'mm guessing that there will be a couple of people there - I'll be slaving over a hot desk from 6.30 though
Next one I can make is Feb 3rd.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 6:19 am
Home and Happy

I'mm guessing that there will be a couple of people there - I'll be slaving over a hot desk from 6.30 though
Next one I can make is Feb 3rd.
If anyone gets there tonight, can you let me know if I need to start a thread for next week (27th) as I'm working then too?

In the meantime, 3rd Feb is HERE as I'm free then, and I've already had a couple of people say they may well be able to come that night.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.