British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Brisbane CBD drinking - Tuesday 20th January (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/brisbane-cbd-drinking-tuesday-20th-january-584147/)

Pollyana Jan 14th 2009 5:04 am

Brisbane CBD drinking - Tuesday 20th January

Next Brisbane Drinking Meet Tuesday 20th January

Location is Gilhooleys, on the corner of Albert Street and Charlotte Street in Brisbane CBD. They sell Guinness, and Bulmers & Magners cider amongst other tipples, which makes it a perfect meeting place.

Usually one of us there from 5.15ish onwards, and I'm happy to pm my mobile number to anyone who needs it.

Its about 10 minutes from Central Station, and there's a taxi rank outside.

Everyone is welcome, we really are quite a tame and friendly bunch, and Aussies are welcome too.

Barring storms, floods, cyclones, silly shifts, husbands that need their dinner, and wives that need the kids looked after we'll be there, and we'd love anyone new to come and join us :)

:beer: :beer:

Pollyana Jan 14th 2009 5:06 am

Re: Brisbane CBD drinking - Tuesday 20th January

Hope that the "new" people who have turned up over the last couple of weeks will come and join us again - great to meet you all - including those who have been banned by me in the past, glad to see there are no hard feelings!! :lol:

Bernieboy Jan 15th 2009 2:00 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 7165133)
Hope that the "new" people who have turned up ver the last couple of weeks will come and join us again - great to meet you all - including those who have been banned by me in the past, glad to see there are no hard feelings!! :lol:

They must have been real arseholes for you to ban them,not sure i want to drink with these people:ohmy:

:p:p

Pollyana Jan 15th 2009 3:29 am

Originally Posted by Bernieboy (Post 7169976)
They must have been real arseholes for you to ban them,not sure i want to drink with these people:ohmy:

:p:p

Actually Mick's a really good laugh........you'd get on well with him I reckon, none of the rest of us would get a word in edgeways though!! And I don't think I ever banned him for being troublesome........;)

Grayling Jan 15th 2009 3:31 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 7165133)
Hope that the "new" people who have turned up over the last couple of weeks will come and join us again - great to meet you all - including those who have been banned by me in the past, glad to see there are no hard feelings!! :lol:

can't make it for a few weeks........my social calendar is too full:lol:

Pollyana Jan 15th 2009 4:56 am

Originally Posted by Grayling (Post 7170148)
can't make it for a few weeks........my social calendar is too full:lol:

You social butterfly, you!!!!

You HAVE to come again - I'd actually like a chance to talk to you more, I didn't get much chance last time :rolleyes:

bobbyftm Jan 15th 2009 7:16 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 7170275)
You social butterfly, you!!!!

You HAVE to come again - I'd actually like a chance to talk to you more, I didn't get much chance last time :rolleyes:

Guess why ???? You were too engrossed in the bloody MAGNERS:eek::eek:

Pollyana Jan 15th 2009 8:38 am

Originally Posted by bobbyftm (Post 7170517)
Guess why ???? You were too engrossed in the bloody MAGNERS:eek::eek:

No, it was more complicated than that......I didn't even have a drink for nearly an hour till some kind soul decided to bring it over to me ;)

Bernieboy Jan 17th 2009 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 7170726)
No, it was more complicated than that......I didn't even have a drink for nearly an hour till some kind soul decided to bring it over to me ;)

Oh i wonder who that was:wub::wub:

Brisbaned Jan 18th 2009 12:57 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 7165129)
Next Brisbane Drinking Meet Tuesday 20th January

Location is Gilhooleys, on the corner of Albert Street and Charlotte Street in Brisbane CBD. They sell Guinness, and Bulmers & Magners cider amongst other tipples, which makes it a perfect meeting place.

Usually one of us there from 5.15ish onwards, and I'm happy to pm my mobile number to anyone who needs it.

Its about 10 minutes from Central Station, and there's a taxi rank outside.

Everyone is welcome, we really are quite a tame and friendly bunch, and Aussies are welcome too.

Barring storms, floods, cyclones, silly shifts, husbands that need their dinner, and wives that need the kids looked after we'll be there, and we'd love anyone new to come and join us :)

:beer: :beer:

Hi! How long does your meet last? We wouldn't get there til 6.30pm or so? Thanks

Pollyana Jan 18th 2009 1:51 am

Originally Posted by Brisbaned (Post 7182242)
Hi! How long does your meet last? We wouldn't get there til 6.30pm or so? Thanks

At elast some of us are usually there until the pub chucks out - which is a variable time depending on the mood of the bar staff, but usually 9 or later. Not unusual for some of us not to get there till 6.30 or later, depending on what shifts we are on etc.
I can't make it for the next 2 weeks cos I'm on night shifts, but I'm sure Linda and a couple of the others's are going this week :)

PAP01 Jan 19th 2009 7:59 am

Sorry unable to make it this week :(

Jillaroo Jan 19th 2009 12:11 pm

Hi! Just got back to Brissy today from the Gold Coast but I'll be going to a gig tomm night so probably won't be able to join you this time (tho if it finishes early enough I'll try pop in for a quick one.)
Cheers all! :beer:

Pollyana Jan 19th 2009 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by Jillaroo (Post 7187020)
Hi! Just got back to Brissy today from the Gold Coast but I'll be going to a gig tomm night so probably won't be able to join you this time (tho if it finishes early enough I'll try pop in for a quick one.)
Cheers all! :beer:

I'mm guessing that there will be a couple of people there - I'll be slaving over a hot desk from 6.30 though :(
Next one I can make is Feb 3rd.

Pollyana Jan 20th 2009 6:19 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 7187296)
I'mm guessing that there will be a couple of people there - I'll be slaving over a hot desk from 6.30 though :(
Next one I can make is Feb 3rd.

If anyone gets there tonight, can you let me know if I need to start a thread for next week (27th) as I'm working then too?

In the meantime, 3rd Feb is HERE as I'm free then, and I've already had a couple of people say they may well be able to come that night. :) :beer: