Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane or Cairns?

Brisbane or Cairns?

Old Oct 26th 2007, 12:10 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane or Cairns?

Originally Posted by tripawaymars
...you must have had doubts too at some stage??? Liz
We can comment, advise, and profer our opinions, but ultimately only you can make the decision as you have to live with the choice you make.

No doubt you are looking at a set of scales which one minute tilt to the right and the next to the left.

If things are pretty equal you could do what me 'ol mate Soapy says. Toss a coin to decide. If you are happy with the result then that's where your heart lay anyway.

There are of course no wrong decisions. Just experiences.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

tripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to behold

Bix

Hopefully we can arrange some regualr ones when we get out there!! I may end up with a bust leg as Youngy has promised to take me out mountain biking (no reflection on Youngy's bike skills...just mine)!

150 nurses..that is a lot..we want to get to know aussies too but is nice to have contacts who are or have been in the same boat.

We have made the decision we are definately coming..don't want to have regrets 5 years down the line and still be here and thinking "what if?". Anyway, Trish has promised to visit me from Townsville.

We intend to have regular BBQ's so all expats on here that live in cairns will be invited. We will be moving from the most unsociable place we have ever lived (Manchester) so intend to make a big effort to get a good circle of freinds out there!! Seems to be plenty going on in Cairns itself anyway..and the weekend bus routes from northern beaches look like they run all night.

Roll on spring 2008!!

Biggest worry for us is if house doesn't sell we may have to sell furniture and stuff here and move there and just have some boxes sent over...as will have limited funds for shipping etc.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 12:37 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tripawaymars
Ha ha , you are funny...snooker!! There must be something there snooker wise..I would have thought so anyway!! Know what you mean, I don't have close family..fallen out with sister, mum down south but never visists us here (and quite capapble of doing so) and out freinds are scattered all over U.K so we only get to see them at weddings etc. My OH is close to family so that would be hard for her. I think we should stick with initial decision and not worry about others. I am trying to look at it as a long work experience and maybe a lifetime move after a few years..we will get permanent residency anyway with my visa straight away. If OH not happy in Oz she can join police in U.K again providing not more than 5 years out of job so there are options if things don't work. I can get work anywhere in the world pretty much or work for myself.

Liz

Believe me nothing to do with snooker.

Spoke to woman who works selling snooker tables....nothing spoke to chairman of the pool association ....nothing he says there is nothing in line of development and no snooker hall not even development in pool although hoping to start something will discuss it at next AGM.

Son says he will settle for a big shed with a full size snooker table in it and if we want we can put a bed in it and he will sleep outside
Old Oct 26th 2007, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

tripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to behold

There you go. Gap in the market..make some money!!! I play pool but not particularly well!! I am a quick learner though. Count me in if you thinking of starting teams up...when I get there of course!!
Old Oct 26th 2007, 4:23 pm
Professional Dreamer!

Big Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really nice

[QUOTE=SKIPPI79;5453610]Didn' know you couldn't swim in the water? is this for the jellyfish? isn't it all the way along the coast down to brissy?? and for which period of the yr is it like this

Had a fab trip to Cairns in Aug and thinking of moving there next year. There are lots of warnings near the beaches about the stingers, crocs etc.

BS
Attached Thumbnails Brisbane or Cairns?-oz-07-074.jpg