Brisbane

Old Aug 9th 2008, 10:57 am
Just Joined

stefanlarsen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brisbane

My wife and I are moving to Brisbane this month (Aug 2008).

I am looking to buy a scooter but only have a UK drivers licence. Can anyone advise as to the process of obtaining a OZ drivers and motorbike licence in Queensland?

Also what is the best way to source rented accommodation.

Appreciated

S
Old Aug 10th 2008, 1:05 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane

http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/Home...arner_licence/

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...=bhp&t=ren&cu=
Old Aug 10th 2008, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

brissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond repute

BC would I use the above site to change my UK licence to Queensland?

Also Stefan I wouldnt dream of driving a scooter around Brisbane CBD, plenty do, but Ive never seen such terrible, dangerous driving around a city before as i have here.

Ive just obtained my UK license and Im terriffied of driving over here. Its okay in the suburbs but around the city its mental.
Old Aug 10th 2008, 2:04 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissybound
BC would I use the above site to change my UK licence to Queensland?

Also Stefan I wouldnt dream of driving a scooter around Brisbane CBD, plenty do, but Ive never seen such terrible, dangerous driving around a city before as i have here.

Ive just obtained my UK license and Im terriffied of driving over here. Its okay in the suburbs but around the city its mental.
Hi Brissybound!

So you're here at last - welcome, and you were warned about the driving!

You don't need to change your license over immediately but if you want to all the info you need is here:

http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/Home...ional_drivers/

Basically you'll just have to fill out the form and rock up to your nearest transport office with all the required ID docs..in about 10 minutes you'll have your Qld license (you keep your UK one too).

I see you're moving into the Woolstores...nice around there, my office is just along the road near the Teneriffe ferry jetty.
Old Aug 10th 2008, 2:27 am
Forum Regular

brissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Hi Brissybound!

So you're here at last - welcome, and you were warned about the driving!

You don't need to change your license over immediately but if you want to all the info you need is here:

http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/Home...ional_drivers/

Basically you'll just have to fill out the form and rock up to your nearest transport office with all the required ID docs..in about 10 minutes you'll have your Qld license (you keep your UK one too).

I see you're moving into the Woolstores...nice around there, my office is just along the road near the Teneriffe ferry jetty.
Cheers BC!

Will need to meet up for a beer when Im settled! Will PM you nearer the time.

Yeah, the driving is abysmal theres no two ways about it BC! Ive seen 2 crashes already and everyday so many near misses its unbeleivable.
Old Aug 10th 2008, 2:59 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers BC!

Yeah, the driving is abysmal theres no two ways about it BC! Ive seen 2 crashes already and everyday so many near misses its unbeleivable.
Its a very nice area is the woolstores,we have an apt on beeston st and will be there in a few weeks,happy days
Old Aug 10th 2008, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

Cheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by stefanlarsen
My wife and I are moving to Brisbane this month (Aug 2008).

I am looking to buy a scooter but only have a UK drivers licence. Can anyone advise as to the process of obtaining a OZ drivers and motorbike licence in Queensland?

Also what is the best way to source rented accommodation.

Appreciated

S
If you are planning on settling in one of the northern suburbs, a scooter would have to work chuffin hard as it can be very hilly in Brisbane! You may have to get off and walk alot!
Old Aug 10th 2008, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers BC!

Awful isn't it?! Are we relaxed yet? Welcome to Bris!!!
Old Aug 10th 2008, 8:47 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by rabsody
Awful isn't it?! Are we relaxed yet? Welcome to Bris!!!
Didn't your OH give the scooter thing a go Rabs?
Old Aug 10th 2008, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Didn't your OH give the scooter thing a go Rabs?
Yep he still drives his scooter around but then he's an Aussie so he's used to the rubbish driving!!

He has had quite a few near misses on the scooter, with four wheel drives being the main offenders apparently.