Brisbane...

Old Apr 22nd 2006, 6:04 pm
Bexleyheath to Brisbane

sarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nice
Default Brisbane...

We are coming to Brisbane Jul/Aug this year and just wondering what peoples views of living in Brisbane are - good or bad I would like to hear them all. My cousin lives in Brisbane and has done his whole life so he is pretty biased!

Any comments/advice/info welcome.

Thx, Sarah
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 8:41 pm
Always trimmin' the bush

Merkin Mayhem is just really niceMerkin Mayhem is just really niceMerkin Mayhem is just really niceMerkin Mayhem is just really niceMerkin Mayhem is just really niceMerkin Mayhem is just really niceMerkin Mayhem is just really niceMerkin Mayhem is just really niceMerkin Mayhem is just really nice
Default Re: Brisbane...

Originally Posted by sarahl322
We are coming to Brisbane Jul/Aug this year and just wondering what peoples views of living in Brisbane are - good or bad I would like to hear them all. My cousin lives in Brisbane and has done his whole life so he is pretty biased!

Thx, Sarah
Yes please,

I would like to know too x

MM
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarahl322

Thx, Sarah
I really like Brisbane. I like going into the city now and again and just mooching round the shops. There is a really good atmosphere on Queen Street Mall and quite often there is something going on from buskers to displays. Brisbane is ideally placed as it is easy to get to both the Gold Coast and the Sunshine Coast. We live Bayside and find generally speaking that driving is easy and I rarely get held up. I no longer set off earlier just in case the traffic is bad. I am really pleased we chose Brisbane as a destination.
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 9:14 pm
chilled member

sloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Merkin Mayhem
Yes please,

I would like to know too x

MM
I've been living in Brisbane for the past 15 months, and I suppose the initial euphoria has died down, but its still the best place on earth.

Big enough to have lots to do, and small enough to still feel friendly.

We've got the Valley for all your drinking and party needs, the parks and mountains for you out and about people. The river, well what can you say about the river...

Then your only an hour away from the Sunshine Coast...

as you may have guessed.. I am still loving it here....
Old Apr 23rd 2006, 12:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=sarahl322]We are coming to Brisbane Jul/Aug this year and just wondering what peoples views of living in Brisbane are - good or bad I would like to hear them all. My cousin lives in Brisbane and has done his whole life so he is pretty biased!

Thx, Sarah [/QUOT

well were goin cos y nate is rhter cissiors an she has a pole
Old Apr 23rd 2006, 12:29 am
vb2
bradford 2 brissy at last

vb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud of

we live in brisbane also, we are quite new to the area so therefore probably bias too! but we visited here two years and loved it then, brisbane has everything, big city, but not too big!! great suburbs, lots going on, lots to see and do, beaches close by eg. sunshine and gold coast, and everything is pretty central, eg. south to sydney, north to cairns etc.!! i cant imagine being anywhere else, we love it here, it suited us a lot more than sydney for example, as sydney just felt too big for us and we felt "lost" there, but brisbane is a much easier place to live (for want of a better word) not that i dont like sydney its just that i wouldnt like to live there personally!
anyway i am sure you will love it once you get here
regards
vb2
Old Apr 23rd 2006, 1:01 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vb2
we live in brisbane also, we are quite new to the area so therefore probably bias too! but we visited here two years and loved it then, brisbane has everything, big city, but not too big!! great suburbs, lots going on, lots to see and do, beaches close by eg. sunshine and gold coast, and everything is pretty central, eg. south to sydney, north to cairns etc.!! i cant imagine being anywhere else, we love it here, it suited us a lot more than sydney for example, as sydney just felt too big for us and we felt "lost" there, but brisbane is a much easier place to live (for want of a better word) not that i dont like sydney its just that i wouldnt like to live there personally!

anyway i am sure you will love it once you get here
regards
vb2
We are moving to Brissie in June. Not sure why but its the place we have picked. Lets discuss it further in a years time.
Old Apr 23rd 2006, 1:08 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

we re you piddled when ya wrote this mate

well were goin cos y nate is rhter cissiors an she has a pole [/QUOTE]
Old Apr 23rd 2006, 1:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Rachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond repute

We spent some time in Brisbane on holiday a couple of years ago and I personally wasn't too keen.

I found the city too quiet, to a lot of people I suppose thats an attraction but coming from London I found it had no buzz or atmosphere.

We went out on the Sunday night for our last night there and everything was closed, not a bar or restaurant open anywhere, it was like a ghost town.

We live in Melbourne now and its completely different, very vibrant and bussling, always something going on whatever time of the day or night.

Its all personal tastes though and you will only find out by going there yourself if you like it or not.

Good luck with your move.
Old Apr 23rd 2006, 2:27 am
chilled member

sloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rachel1978
We spent some time in Brisbane on holiday a couple of years ago and I personally wasn't too keen.

I found the city too quiet, to a lot of people I suppose thats an attraction but coming from London I found it had no buzz or atmosphere.

We went out on the Sunday night for our last night there and everything was closed, not a bar or restaurant open anywhere, it was like a ghost town.

We live in Melbourne now and its completely different, very vibrant and bussling, always something going on whatever time of the day or night.

Its all personal tastes though and you will only find out by going there yourself if you like it or not.

Good luck with your move.
I am surprised you couldnt find anything open on a Sunday night? I came here on holiday 4 years back, and even then Brisvegas had Sunday opening?

As for the lack of buzz, all depends on who and what you know.. I remember when I first moved to london there was no buzz either.. but when I got to know the place, that all changed.. same up here in Brisbane
Old Apr 23rd 2006, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

I love brisbane

also surpised people couoldn't find anything open on a sunday because thats the day that we generally go out for a wander and sometimes some dinner/drinks etc

have only been here 4 months but had visited 3 times before moving over. Brisvegas can be everything you want it to be i think - party all night city or quiet sunny afternoon town.

yeah... I love brisbane
Old Apr 23rd 2006, 8:28 am
Bexleyheath to Brisbane

sarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nice

Originally Posted by YoSemite
I love brisbane

also surpised people couoldn't find anything open on a sunday because thats the day that we generally go out for a wander and sometimes some dinner/drinks etc

have only been here 4 months but had visited 3 times before moving over. Brisvegas can be everything you want it to be i think - party all night city or quiet sunny afternoon town.

yeah... I love brisbane
A big thanks for all your replies, I can't wait to get there. We had chosen Brisbane before I spoke to my family there, not sure why really, weather probably a big part of it but also that it is not too big a place. We'll find out soon enough whether we like it or not!

Sarah
Old Apr 23rd 2006, 8:32 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sloake
Big enough to have lots to do, and small enough to still feel friendly.
Sums it up pretty well for me. I've been here 9 months now and love it. There's always something happening and if you're a cheapskate like me, there's usually something happening for free
Old Apr 23rd 2006, 8:34 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mand8002
We live Bayside and find generally speaking that driving is easy and I rarely get held up. I no longer set off earlier just in case the traffic is bad. I am really pleased we chose Brisbane as a destination.
That depends on timing really. I've been held up going to work along Wynnum Rd / Shaftston Av several times. If I leave home at 730 there are no hold ups but if I leave after about 750 I will often end up in traffic. In fact, for a long time now I've used the Gateway to get to work on a morning. The $2.40 is easily worth my peace of mind for getting to work on time and not having to leave 20 mins earlier to achieve it
Old Apr 23rd 2006, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scissors
we re you piddled when ya wrote this mate

well were goin cos y nate is rhter cissiors an she has a pole
[/QUOTE]

oh tracey, was i bladdered???? was i ever, i'm having to retrace my steps cos beth has only just told me i was on here!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.