Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

bricklaying in uk

bricklaying in uk

Old Apr 6th 2006, 3:07 am
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold
Default bricklaying in uk

i thought i would ask on this side of the forum as i am coming back to the uk and although i was in the uk for 6 months last year and have afairly reasonable idea of the work situation over there in the uk ,i would like to get the feeling from different parts of the uk to see if getting a job as a brickie is easy or not .
Old Apr 6th 2006, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

Izzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: bricklaying in uk

hi again !

My hubbie is a brickie - You need to get a CIS card first of all, but you can get a temporary one over the phone I think. Work was slowing down when we came out in Dec last year, but you shouldn't struggle too much. Pay was about 370 / 400 pounds per 1000 bricks and believe me it is much easier in UK. Most modern larger sites will have forklifts and ready mixed compo so you can earn money faster than we have found you can in Oz ! Good luck We were in the midlands by the way - but you know the score - you have to go where the work is. Most vacancies are advertised in local newspapers on their jobs night so you could have a look at where you want to go.
Old Apr 6th 2006, 4:15 am
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: bricklaying in uk

Originally Posted by Izzy
hi again !

My hubbie is a brickie - You need to get a CIS card first of all, but you can get a temporary one over the phone I think. Work was slowing down when we came out in Dec last year, but you shouldn't struggle too much. Pay was about 370 / 400 pounds per 1000 bricks and believe me it is much easier in UK. Most modern larger sites will have forklifts and ready mixed compo so you can earn money faster than we have found you can in Oz ! Good luck We were in the midlands by the way - but you know the score - you have to go where the work is. Most vacancies are advertised in local newspapers on their jobs night so you could have a look at where you want to go.
thanks izzy i have acis card i got that sorted last year ,i found work was slowing a little when i left there to come back in dec for xmas .We lived in bournemouth for years before coming to aussie and thats where we are returning to but we was originally from sutton coldfield.I dont know where you where in the mids but i found what used to be the evening mail in birmingham absolutely hopeless for work now ,it was good 20 odd years ago and the job centres were a joke .By the way business is absolutly booming here in perth and blokes are making a fortune on price here and every street corner has blocks of units going up and prices are going through the roof

Last edited by sassenach; Apr 6th 2006 at 4:20 am.