Reload this Page >

Bricklaying in OZ

Bricklaying in OZ

Old May 27th 2008, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

cnpizzo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bricklaying in OZ

Hi there,

Our family are coming out to Perth at Christmas for a rekkie, my oh is a builder and we are planning to apply for the 4414-11 bricklayer visa. We have always been very keen on Perth, but I have recently read a lot of posts on here that there is hardly any work for brickies now in the Perth area. Things see to have really gone quiet!

If you are a brickie/builder whereabouts in Oz are you heading for, or where have you heard that there is more work, we may need to rethink our plans and visit Perth and other parts of Oz for our rekkie. I have seen on job sites that there seems to be a lot of building jobs on the Gold Coast and Brisbane, hardly any in Perth. Is this the case?

Would really appreciate any advice you can give us, as I may need to do more research on other areas now.

Thanks for your help.

Clair
Old May 27th 2008, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

no longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to all
Default Re: Bricklaying in OZ

Originally Posted by cnpizzo
Hi there,

Our family are coming out to Perth at Christmas for a rekkie, my oh is a builder and we are planning to apply for the 4414-11 bricklayer visa. We have always been very keen on Perth, but I have recently read a lot of posts on here that there is hardly any work for brickies now in the Perth area. Things see to have really gone quiet!

If you are a brickie/builder whereabouts in Oz are you heading for, or where have you heard that there is more work, we may need to rethink our plans and visit Perth and other parts of Oz for our rekkie. I have seen on job sites that there seems to be a lot of building jobs on the Gold Coast and Brisbane, hardly any in Perth. Is this the case?

Would really appreciate any advice you can give us, as I may need to do more research on other areas now.

Thanks for your help.

Clair
Hi we are on the gold coast and have been for nearly a year, my oh has worked as brickie since the 2nd week we arrived and has always been in a job. Seems there is work everywhere, like i have said before if your a good brickie you will always have work, hope this helps

Hannahx