Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping Inusrance - times a pressing

Shipping Inusrance - times a pressing

Old May 26th 2008, 2:38 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping Inusrance - times a pressing

ARGHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhh.

For those of you moving to Oz please don't try to arrange to move in the space of 3 weeks !!!!! It's an absolute nightmare.

We've had to change shipping companies in the last week and with the bank holiday and the fact that the shipping company obviously haven't been at work the last 2 days it's very hard to ask them to decifer the 3,000 word insurance document into legible easy to understand crap as apposed to the misunderstandable crap we have now.... no pressure we only have to get it filled in and faxed back to the company by tomorrow :O
We want to insure it all lump sum for 2.5% based on £20,000 (total cost for the belongings we're taking)... i've left hubby with the forms and even he is pulling his hair out trying to work it out. Anyone understand these and can get back to me in the next oooh 6 hours that'd be great lol

So word of warning don't try and move in 3 weeks, mind you if it hadn't been for the god awful mess that Stacey and Suzanne made of arrangements with Allied Pickfords we wouldn't have had to change shipping company last minute.
However I refuse to entrust the removal to people who despite me being told by 3 different car shipping companies I COULD NOT take my car they were adament I could and insistant I should pursue it, i'd have probably ended up with a hefty bill and my car crushed had I listened to them. Bad enough I now have to sell it short notice.
Old May 27th 2008, 6:43 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping Inusrance - times a pressing

Originally Posted by JenJen
ARGHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhh.

For those of you moving to Oz please don't try to arrange to move in the space of 3 weeks !!!!! It's an absolute nightmare.

We've had to change shipping companies in the last week and with the bank holiday and the fact that the shipping company obviously haven't been at work the last 2 days it's very hard to ask them to decifer the 3,000 word insurance document into legible easy to understand crap as apposed to the misunderstandable crap we have now.... no pressure we only have to get it filled in and faxed back to the company by tomorrow :O
We want to insure it all lump sum for 2.5% based on £20,000 (total cost for the belongings we're taking)... i've left hubby with the forms and even he is pulling his hair out trying to work it out. Anyone understand these and can get back to me in the next oooh 6 hours that'd be great lol

So word of warning don't try and move in 3 weeks, mind you if it hadn't been for the god awful mess that Stacey and Suzanne made of arrangements with Allied Pickfords we wouldn't have had to change shipping company last minute.
However I refuse to entrust the removal to people who despite me being told by 3 different car shipping companies I COULD NOT take my car they were adament I could and insistant I should pursue it, i'd have probably ended up with a hefty bill and my car crushed had I listened to them. Bad enough I now have to sell it short notice.

Try a quick search on Marine Insurance. Think a couple of past posters DIY shipping etc. Might be able to help.

Cheers

Ginny
Old May 27th 2008, 8:21 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

You may want to consider Letton Percival. Their premium is 1.6%. http://www.lettonpercival.co.uk/

Phone them up. They can email you all the documents and you can email back the completed ones and can pay them with internet banking.

If you decide to stick with your current company: Check that you are paying an insurance tax premium (ITP). If there is no ITP, then it's not insurance but liability cover (worth virtually nothing).

Gina
Old May 27th 2008, 10:12 am
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GinaUK
You may want to consider Letton Percival. Their premium is 1.6%. http://www.lettonpercival.co.uk/

Phone them up. They can email you all the documents and you can email back the completed ones and can pay them with internet banking.

If you decide to stick with your current company: Check that you are paying an insurance tax premium (ITP). If there is no ITP, then it's not insurance but liability cover (worth virtually nothing).

Gina
I don't know hubby has been dealing with them this last week as i've been dealing with other parts of the move.
We're stuffed now as we have no time to arrange anything else with the removals coming tomorrow.

Think it's all hit us running around like flies, 3 of us have flu now , all too much of a rush and far too stressful