Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bricklaying Jobs

Bricklaying Jobs

Old Dec 28th 2008, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

Paula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud of
Red face Bricklaying Jobs

Hi All

My first thread British Expats
Looking to move to Aus next year when we sell the house, got our visa (perm) OH Is a bricklayer, we are looking to move around Brisbane Gold/Sunshine Coast depending on work situation. is there any work in them areas ? I know it will be quite at this time of year. Now he has just said " don't mind where we move to as long as there is plenty of work eg Perth, Melbourne ect " Just what to ask the same question is there plenty of work in their areas? We also have a 12 year son (Lewis) as well. Any information would be great. Thanks in advance.

Paula
Old Dec 28th 2008, 8:08 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bricklaying Jobs

There isn't 'plenty' of work although there is still lots of building going on but Aus is suffering the world economic downturn like everywhere so less happening than there was. Some people have no problem finding work immediately, others struggle for many months. No way of saying definitely where the best place for you to go is. Sorry.
Old Dec 28th 2008, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

Paula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud of

Hi All
Any brickalyers out there who could help with my early thread

Thanks Paula
Old Dec 28th 2008, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

darrellandsarah will become famous soon enoughdarrellandsarah will become famous soon enough

hi not a brickie myself but i,m a chippie,it,s really slow at the moment though i did land a job fast though the monies crap.look at seek.com for jobs and theres nothinig in th brisbane though it is crimbo
Old Dec 28th 2008, 2:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Capt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Paula Cox
Hi All

My first thread British Expats
Looking to move to Aus next year when we sell the house, got our visa (perm) OH Is a bricklayer, we are looking to move around Brisbane Gold/Sunshine Coast depending on work situation. is there any work in them areas ? I know it will be quite at this time of year. Now he has just said " don't mind where we move to as long as there is plenty of work eg Perth, Melbourne ect " Just what to ask the same question is there plenty of work in their areas? We also have a 12 year son (Lewis) as well. Any information would be great. Thanks in advance.

Paula
Hi Paula - sorry cant help but there are builders who use this forum - I got a number for my son who is going on a WHVisa very soon!!! We are also looking to move to Sunshine Coast when we get our visa - dont know when that will be though!! oh by the way I have a 12 year old called Louis too!!! Can I ask how is he about the move, my Louis keeps telling me that he doesnt want to go - he doesnt like flying - I just keep telling him that there will be lots of nice girls there hahaha!!!! My OH will be looking for pipefitting and welding work i'm also not to sure about the amount of work for that too.
Old Dec 28th 2008, 10:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

calNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to all

We have helped a few family that hubbys are in the building trade, the best way seems to go working for a company while you get your licence make sure when you put in for the job you ask if they will help you with your own licence, around brisbane/gold coast wages seem to be $25/$30ph.