Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

is chermiside a nice area to live in

is chermiside a nice area to live in

Old Dec 24th 2008, 9:01 pm
Just Joined

steve reed 26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default is chermiside a nice area to live in

hi all me and my girlrriend were wondering can anyone tell us any info on chermisde my girlfriend starts a job in brisbane childrens hospital in april and we were looking at chermiside to live
Old Dec 24th 2008, 10:43 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: is chermiside a nice area to live in

Originally Posted by steve reed 26
hi all me and my girlrriend were wondering can anyone tell us any info on chermisde my girlfriend starts a job in brisbane childrens hospital in april and we were looking at chermiside to live
Its the biggest shopping centre is Brisbane and you could spend days in it...
Old Dec 24th 2008, 11:56 pm
Just Joined

steve reed 26 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by datamile
ideal sounds good to me ha
Old Dec 25th 2008, 2:18 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

We live just down the road from there at Wavell Heights. I take my daughter to the pool at Chermside and go shopping there when I really have to. It has a very busy road (Gympie) running through. Dont know what the area is like to live but seems ok if you get away from the commercial areas.

All suburbs seem to merge around it.

Jo
Old Dec 25th 2008, 9:31 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by datamile

I'd hate to see your parking fees then when they come into effect next year.
Old Dec 27th 2008, 8:50 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by The Bloke
They are going to charge to use Chermside???? If so I wont go there. Will head to toombul instead.
Old Dec 27th 2008, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

chaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bloke
can u explain a little?...moved outa brissy a few months ago but coming back soon

ta
Old Dec 27th 2008, 7:09 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chaval
can u explain a little?...moved outa brissy a few months ago but coming back soon

ta
Just what he says. They are introducing parking fees at Chermside to stop the commuters using the spaces in the shopping centre.
Old Dec 27th 2008, 8:20 pm
Pass The Post

Well that is crazy why would anyone use the place then???? There are plenty more shopping centres close by ok not on the same scale but I for one will not use it if I have to pay or will walk over from the swimming pool blocking a park there. I only go to do banking for my kids accounts and the odd thing I need from Kmart/Big W

I bet it will stop people going there.
Old Dec 28th 2008, 12:26 am
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

I think they're doing the first 3 (might be 2) hours free, then they're going to charge. I don't think it will help Chermside one bit personally, but if it means we can actually find a parking space on the odd occasion we go there, happy with I swear I've spent an hour looking for a space in the past!
Old Dec 28th 2008, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

chaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Just what he says. They are introducing parking fees at Chermside to stop the commuters using the spaces in the shopping centre.
that isnt exactly what was said....."I'd hate to see your parking fees then when they come into effect next year".......now that could be some sort of chermside urbanisation parking fee....where unless you have residents permit you have to pay to park anywhere...not just in a shopping centre....

so "just what was said" requried a bit of interpretation.

cheers
Old Dec 28th 2008, 10:58 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chaval
that isnt exactly what was said....."I'd hate to see your parking fees then when they come into effect next year".......now that could be some sort of chermside urbanisation parking fee....where unless you have residents permit you have to pay to park anywhere...not just in a shopping centre....

so "just what was said" requried a bit of interpretation.

cheers
Well I apologise for trying to clarify what was said. As far as I could tell a comment was made about spending days in the shopping centre. The response to that comment was that he would hate to see the parking fees. You asked for that comment to be explained, I explained it. Whats the problem?

If you prefer a longer explanation have a read here -
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...11-952,00.html