Brickies

Old Aug 22nd 2006, 9:56 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute
Default Brickies

After the previous thread was hijacked could we have another one where you guys tell us what you actually do? ie photos of job sites, different stages of bricking?

Don't imagine you would find my coffee machine, bookcases etc at work of interest but perhaps others might find "real graft" an interesting topic?

Not being sarcastic (honest) but about to build my own house it would be interesting to see and perhaps pickup some of the jargon

Perhaps you could use it to explain to fellow brickies back home (with pics) what it is like in Oz
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

Location: caerphilly, south wales, avonsleigh, melbourne as of 30/03/05!!!!
carloubateman is a jewel in the roughcarloubateman is a jewel in the roughcarloubateman is a jewel in the roughcarloubateman is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Brickies

Originally Posted by thebears
After the previous thread was hijacked could we have another one where you guys tell us what you actually do? ie photos of job sites, different stages of bricking?

Don't imagine you would find my coffee machine, bookcases etc at work of interest but perhaps others might find "real graft" an interesting topic?

Not being sarcastic (honest) but about to build my own house it would be interesting to see and perhaps pickup some of the jargon

Perhaps you could use it to explain to fellow brickies back home (with pics) what it is like in Oz
we have been in aus for almost 18 mths now, & ive got to admit, i wouldnt go back if the flights were free!
we arrived with nothing here, i mean NOTHING, carl managed to find a job within the 1st cpl of weeks, real crap wages, but we managed, he then decided to take the huge step of starting off on his own, that was really hard over xmas we didnt realise how everything shut down over xmas, and we really struggled!
but touch wood, things are looking up for us at the moment, he has managed to get in with another british bricky building new houses for a large housing company here, he does work hard, but we are managing to survive!
so good luck to all those thinking of taking this huge step, and just be prepared to work ya arse off

louise xx
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 4:36 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carloubateman
we have been in aus for almost 18 mths now, & ive got to admit, i wouldnt go back if the flights were free!
we arrived with nothing here, i mean NOTHING, carl managed to find a job within the 1st cpl of weeks, real crap wages, but we managed, he then decided to take the huge step of starting off on his own, that was really hard over xmas we didnt realise how everything shut down over xmas, and we really struggled!
but touch wood, things are looking up for us at the moment, he has managed to get in with another british bricky building new houses for a large housing company here, he does work hard, but we are managing to survive!
so good luck to all those thinking of taking this huge step, and just be prepared to work ya arse off

louise xx
well done to you both,fantastic reading,i hope things keep getting better and better for you both
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 8:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thebears

Its a pity the other thread had to be closed down, it gave one of the most honest and informative accounts of a particular job here. The descriptions of wages, hours, working conditions, shut downs etc were absolutely spot on.