British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Bribing the kids (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/bribing-kids-279901/)

worzel Jan 26th 2005 1:51 pm

Re: Bribing the kids

Originally Posted by kelli28
anyway its not just promising kids stuff iv promised the bloke he can have one of these american fridge frezzer things for his cans :scared: at least thats all he's been promised lol ;)

One of those big SMEG ones with ice dispensers? I want one of those too!

scissors Jan 26th 2005 2:33 pm

Mmmm thats not fair,i wonder what i can get out of it,im sure i ll think of something...lol :D

tracey.

Originally Posted by worzel

thpinkpussycat Jan 26th 2005 3:00 pm

Its not just the kids that have been offered bribes, I have too ;)

Me too:
Not having to work (for a while anyway)
Sending more time with daughter and husband
Well stock wine rack
The list could go on!!!

And I will stamp my feet and and sulk if I don't get my way!! :D

worzel Jan 26th 2005 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by thpinkpussycat
And I will stamp my feet and and sulk if I don't get my way!! :D

How will I know this is a specific sulk? :D

Sue2 Jan 26th 2005 4:21 pm

Nice one thats me sorted :D Mmmmm one with double doors :D Just got to sort out hubby..... I bet it would be those big Warrior truck things :eek:

Sue :)

jaxowen Jan 26th 2005 4:25 pm

I thought it was really important to be honest with my two teenage sons sooo :rolleyes:
I promised them that in australia they don't really bother much with homework/detention/school uniforms....
also in australia all the teenage girls look just like the girls in neighbours and home and away ...
not to mention the pool -

managed to get away without having to promise a trampoline though!
I also said that the chilli peppers play their (adelaide) every year and in fact their are loads of really good gigs! :o

Oh well fingers crossed :p

jax

toocheeky Jan 26th 2005 8:34 pm

Wow this thread has evolved a bit! :D
Smeg fridges look fab and you can get them in diferent colours too.....even the Union Jack if you like! :p

As for making huge promises to our kids I havent mentioned having a pool to them as I wouldnt want to get there and heaven forbid what if if it didnt come off! :eek: Hence the trampolene it seems more realistic! I hope we ARE fortunate enough to have a pool though...hmmm yes that would be lovely! :cool: Ive also 'promised' my kids better weather, more space and a different way of life completely. Hope Im not far wrong! ;)

Ta da!
Karen
xx
PS great thread btw I like a bit of lighthearted fun, thanks! :)

worzel Jan 27th 2005 8:39 am

I think it is really important that we are offering our daughter lots of things by way of bribes so that when we can get out there we can fail to meet every single one of them and thus prepare her for how 5hiity life really is [tongue firmly in cheek]

desperate2go Jan 27th 2005 8:50 am

I think it is really important that we are offering our daughter lots of things by way of bribes so that when we can get out there we can fail to meet every single one of them and thus prepare her for how 5hiity life really is [tongue firmly in cheek]

LMAO :D