Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Break down of costs to Emigrate?

Break down of costs to Emigrate?

Old Jun 12th 2012, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

BudBrain has a spectacular aura aboutBudBrain has a spectacular aura aboutBudBrain has a spectacular aura about
Default Break down of costs to Emigrate?

Hi,

Just wondering if there are any good threads where people have broken down the costs to emigrate from the UK to Oz?

Just wondering how much things like shipping pets over (dog) and container costs will be.

Thanks
Old Jun 12th 2012, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Break down of costs to Emigrate?

search...
Old Jun 13th 2012, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

BudBrain has a spectacular aura aboutBudBrain has a spectacular aura aboutBudBrain has a spectacular aura about

Anyone have a more helpful response!?

I know how to search (thanks) and already have but couldn't find anything that useful - maybe I'm using the wrong search terms...who knows.

I remember seeing a really helpful list (Excel I think) someone posted on their expected cost-of-living expenses - was hoping there might be something similar for moving costs.
Old Jun 13th 2012, 9:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Here is one for example, I have answered in there so won't repeat here.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=755612
Old Jun 13th 2012, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

Awesome! Thanks
Old Jun 13th 2012, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

Anyone have any ideas on cost to fly our (large) dog over?
Old Jun 13th 2012, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

All good, many thanks
Old Jun 13th 2012, 10:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Breakdown of costs to immigrate.

Visa - shedloads
Flights - heckofalot
Dog- toomuch
Shipping- HowMuch?????
Accommodation on arrival - youareJOKING???
Setting up the pantry freezer food stock left behind - WHAT?????
Used family car - WTF?
Reggo - bugger
Insurance - double bugger
Tax on transfer of ownership - triple bugger
Period of time to adjust/find a job- Jezzchristonabike!
Essentials for the house that are you shipping that wont arrive for 6 weeks - **** Me
deposit on longterm rental - Gulp
Redirection of Mail - ouch
Making a New Will on arrival - double ouch!
Private Health Insurance - buggeeit I'd rather Die
Ambulance cover if you live in WA - do I REALLY need that
School fees - I'm not comning............

Ok... Not a totally serious answer..... The figures have gone up significantly in 4.5 years .....
Old Jun 13th 2012, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

Still more useful than Tramps_mate's comment though

Actually, you have listed a few things I may need to consider
Old Jun 13th 2012, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BudBrain
Still more useful than Tramps_mate's comment though

Actually, you have listed a few things I may need to consider
I got plenty of info on what you are asking by simply searching.

Oh and using Google.
Old Jun 13th 2012, 11:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Or emailing companies that provide the services you require..
Old Jun 13th 2012, 11:29 am
BE Forum Addict

If you dont have large furniture to ship then I have found these

www.anglopacific.co.uk

Very reasonably priced and extremely helpful. They came highly recommended by a friend..
Old Jun 13th 2012, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
I got plenty of info on what you are asking by simply searching.

Oh and using Google.
Wow, congratulations

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
If you dont have large furniture to ship then I have found these

www.anglopacific.co.uk

Very reasonably priced and extremely helpful. They came highly recommended by a friend..
Will keep them noted, thanks
Old Jun 13th 2012, 8:50 pm
Planning for the future

Emma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of light

I got an English springer going from heathrow to Sydney n it's costing about £3,500 and if any use I got a dog courier quote to collect our dog from Sydney quarritine and drive her to Brisbane n that's about $500

Hope that helps
Old Jun 14th 2012, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

Ouch, surely it'd be cheaper to buy the dog a seat next to us!?

Do the prices increase depending on the size of the dog? Who did you use? After reading some of the other threads, £3500 seem a bit excessive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.