Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brain not functioning. Time zone confusion

Brain not functioning. Time zone confusion

Old Sep 15th 2009, 5:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Sugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of light
Default Brain not functioning. Time zone confusion

Help, ive confused myself totally.

Im flying from London to San francisco, leave London at 11am and arrive at 1415hrs, Will this be the same day.

Confusing Virgin Atlantic e ticket doesnt provide arrival date with the time, only departure date. Air New Zealand putts both day and time on the ticket even if its on the same time.

I know I shouldnt even be leaving the house if I dont understand how the time zone thing works but Im unsure and now lost.

Any help would be great.

Really just want to know if I will be arriving on the same day.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 6:10 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brain not functioning. Time zone confusion

Yes, you will arrive on the same day.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 6:11 am
Just Joined

Dairymilk04 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Sugo

Im flying from London to San francisco, leave London at 11am and arrive at 1415hrs, Will this be the same day.

Confusing Virgin Atlantic e ticket doesnt provide arrival date with the time, only departure date. Air New Zealand putts both day and time on the ticket even if its on the same time.

I know I shouldnt even be leaving the house if I dont understand how the time zone thing works but Im unsure and now lost.

Any help would be great.

Yep, you will arrive on the same day you leave London, as San Fran is approx 8 hrs behind Uk time.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 7:12 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Yup. You're going on an 11(ish) hour flight, SF is about 8 hours behind the UK so you'll get there 3 hours later in the day(if you see what I mean)
Old Sep 15th 2009, 7:19 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugo

Any help would be great.

This website is your friend:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
Old Sep 15th 2009, 11:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Amazulu
This website is your friend:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
thanks everyone your awsome, my other half took the p*ss out of me big time when i asked him, forgot that small thing called the date line doh. maybe im not safe to leave the house just yet.