Bpay / Deft

Old Oct 22nd 2012, 11:17 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bpay / Deft

Hope someone can help - need to pay deposit on rental, is it straight forward to set up Bpay / Deft online?

Thanks
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 11:22 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bpay / Deft

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Hope someone can help - need to pay deposit on rental, is it straight forward to set up Bpay / Deft online?

Thanks
BPay is easy, can usually do it straight from your bank account, no extra charge. DEFT usually has a fee applied and is a bit more of a pain - separate website etc. My rental agent used it for a while, added about $5 a month to the rent just for the fees!
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 11:26 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
BPay is easy, can usually do it straight from your bank account, no extra charge. DEFT usually has a fee applied and is a bit more of a pain - separate website etc. My rental agent used it for a while, added about $5 a month to the rent just for the fees!
I have a biller code and deft nuber - is that all I need?
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 11:36 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I have a biller code and deft nuber - is that all I need?
I think so, from memory. I think you have to pay through their own website, which then takes the money from your bank account - but do you have an Aussie bank account set up?
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I think so, from memory. I think you have to pay through their own website, which then takes the money from your bank account - but do you have an Aussie bank account set up?
Yeah I have one with westpac - activated in London so we have basic bank card already.
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

bubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant future

I've just paid my rent for the first time using DEFT. The biller code is their reference/banking details and the DEFT number is your unique number.

I use online banking and went to the BPay tab, entered the two numbers in the right sections and it was done... Easy
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by bubblegum_babe
I've just paid my rent for the first time using DEFT. The biller code is their reference/banking details and the DEFT number is your unique number.

I use online banking and went to the BPay tab, entered the two numbers in the right sections and it was done... Easy
Hi bubblegum - yeah I think I've done it too. Will feel better when they confirm they received it.

Thanks for the replies and help
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 11:49 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

negotiate with landlord to pay in cash but with a discount.
Old Oct 26th 2012, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

sign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond repute

can i ask did you use your deft number through bpay. if you did how long did the payment take to arrive in the agents account. i ask because i am moving. i used to pay by direct bank transfer into the agent account. next day delivery. i pay on a monday the rent is due on a tuesday. if i pay by bpay on a monday using my deft reference wiill it be in the agents bankon the tuesday the same as direct bank transfer. or does it take longerthrough Bpay using deft reference thanks
Old Oct 26th 2012, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by sign
can i ask did you use your deft number through bpay. if you did how long did the payment take to arrive in the agents account. i ask because i am moving. i used to pay by direct bank transfer into the agent account. next day delivery. i pay on a monday the rent is due on a tuesday. if i pay by bpay on a monday using my deft reference wiill it be in the agents bankon the tuesday the same as direct bank transfer. or does it take longerthrough Bpay using deft reference thanks
Hi sign,

I had the e-mail that the agents received the deposit a day after the money was sent so mine was okay, but its the first payment so I don't know if thats typical
Old Oct 26th 2012, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

sign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond repute

Hi sign,

I had the e-mail that the agents received the deposit a day after the money was sent so mine was okay, but its the first payment so I don't know if thats typical
thansks. just if its same day or next day delivery.good. if not, amyone knoew?

quote from Bpay website:

How long will it take for the payment to go through?

As long as you make a payment before your financial institution's cut-off time (this is the time at the end of the business banking day when you need to make a payment by for it to be processed overnight), the biller will acknowledge the payment as having been made that day.

is it the same using DEFT refrences

Last edited by sign; Oct 26th 2012 at 10:29 am.
Old Oct 26th 2012, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

bubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant future

Hi, mine left my bank that day but I have no idea when my agent got it because I never checked up
Old Oct 26th 2012, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

Hi, mine left my bank that day but I have no idea when my agent got it because I never checked up
thanks babe