Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

bought new car do you get it rust proofed

bought new car do you get it rust proofed

Old Dec 2nd 2007, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

russell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default bought new car do you get it rust proofed

hi bought a new pajero and company are trying to sell me paint protection/dent protection/fabric carpet shield/window tints and electronic rustshield. didn't bother with it in scotland but is it needed here
or is it just to get more money

total price $1958
without electronic shield $1588

any help appreciated

russ
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 8:27 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: bought new car do you get it rust proofed

Originally Posted by russell
hi bought a new pajero and company are trying to sell me paint protection/dent protection/fabric carpet shield/window tints and electronic rustshield. didn't bother with it in scotland but is it needed here

total price $1958

any help appreciated

russ
we didnt... but i would , when we buy a new car again... worth it if you ever do beach work...
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

total price $1958

any help appreciated

russ

It's definitely not something that is needed here russell. All those things you mention are just cream for the salesman.
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 10:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manc1
It's definitely not something that is needed here russell. All those things you mention are just cream for the salesman.
Absolutely, they tried to sell us all that when we bought second hand...!

Unless you'll be doing a lot on the beach with salty spray going everywhere then you wont need it.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 1:21 am
Unspoilt by progress.....

The Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud of

total price $1958

any help appreciated

russ
Would definately have your windows tinted. But may be cheaper not to have it done by the car dealer.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 2:02 am
Now a Mummy!

SonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud of

total price $1958

any help appreciated

russ
What a load of cobblers...

window tinting yes, but probably not from a dealer.. I wouldn't bother with the rest of it... how are they going to protect the car from dents ... cover it in foam for ya??

Sonic x
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 2:30 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

My comment was for the rust proofing and tinting am I bad !!

Fabric protection, is just teflon.. so can do that yourself.

Dealer tinting in my opinion, is a littel bit better than the tint shops.. but thats just my opinion.

Paint protection, is some kind of wax finish i think.. debs didnt have her car done, neither did i.

Rust ( electronic ) system.. in My opinion, is worth it, long term..

Salt being the main contributory factor to cars rusting, the electronic systems are excellent, have seen a few demos, and also know 3 ppl who had it done.

If your gonna be nr the beach or going on the beach regularly, consider it !! For 500 bucks ( ish ) i reckon thats a good enuff deal.

Tint for a new Pajero, non dealer, is gonna set ya back about 400+ for a decent tint.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 4:35 am
Forum Regular

russell is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the replies i dont think i'l bother just get the widow tinting done dont do any beach work but maybe in the future so i;ll maybe get that done the dent protection isn;t really protection they just fix the dents for the covered period

i asked the salesman today for his honest opinion and he says dont bother probalby one of the best ive dealt with probalby because i took him for a pint on the test drive as he had a hangover

russ
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 5:32 am
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Timber Floor Au;5626327]Dealer tinting in my opinion, is a littel bit better than the tint shops.. but thats just my opinion.

The dealers don't have there own tinters, they bring in the tint shops and just put a big mark-up on it. Don't get your tint done by the dealer.