wages

Old Dec 2nd 2007, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

annkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud of
Default wages

i have looked at the threads and i am trying to find out the wages of a hairdresser and or beauty therapist. i am a qualified teacher/ assessor in both of these trades
can anyone enlighten me.
annkc
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 8:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: wages

Originally Posted by annkc
i have looked at the threads and i am trying to find out the wages of a hairdresser and or beauty therapist. i am a qualified teacher/ assessor in both of these trades
can anyone enlighten me.
annkc

Here you go: http://content.mycareer.com.au/salary-centre/trades/
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

annkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud of

Cheers for that, i was trolling through all the threads after doin a search.
thanks again
annkc
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

kjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant future

is that $50000 + average for hairdressers wages? or am i reading it wrong?

if it is wahoooo. makes a change from flat rate & commision so i can live.

kath x
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 8:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kjc79
is that $50000 + average for hairdressers wages? or am i reading it wrong?

if it is wahoooo. makes a change from flat rate & commision so i can live.

kath x
It says:

Shows sector specific salary information from MyCareer job listings (inclusive of wage) for each of the last four quarters. Note: figures may incorporate total pkg.

So that could include tips, superannuation etc.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

kjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant future
Smile Re: wages

thanks wendy, you always seem to be in the know
I work with an aussie who said that the wages are better back home(her home) but from other threads i've read have felt about the same wages or maybe a little more. even a flat rate of $30/35000 would be good then plus tips etc. earned a heck of a lot less when i was working full time at a 'named' salon. tips boost it though. need to find out more info. on all these supers and and what to look for when offered jobs WHEN (being always optimistic) we get the visa, still waiting.

thanking you
kathx
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 8:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

thanks wendy, you always seem to be in the know
I work with an aussie who said that the wages are better back home(her home) but from other threads i've read have felt about the same wages or maybe a little more. even a flat rate of $30/35000 would be good then plus tips etc. earned a heck of a lot less when i was working full time at a 'named' salon. tips boost it though. need to find out more info. on all these supers and and what to look for when offered jobs WHEN (being always optimistic) we get the visa, still waiting.

thanking you
kathx

Your employer HAS to pay your super which is 9% of your basic pay. They don't have to pay it for overtime, bonuses etc.

Some employers will say salary + super, and some will say salary including super. Super goes straight into your nominated scheme, so obviously if it's including super you need to deduct the appropriate amount off of the salary to get your yearly income amount.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Smile Re: wages

Originally Posted by Wendy
Your employer HAS to pay your super which is 9% of your basic pay. They don't have to pay it for overtime, bonuses etc.

Some employers will say salary + super, and some will say salary including super. Super goes straight into your nominated scheme, so obviously if it's including super you need to deduct the appropriate amount off of the salary to get your yearly income amount.
you're a gudden. will buy you a drink when we reach adelaide.

cheers.
kathx
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 8:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

you're a gudden. will buy you a drink when we reach adelaide.

cheers.
kathx
No problem. Mines a Latte