Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bought the car but....

Bought the car but....

Old Apr 1st 2007, 12:54 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bought the car but....

had a few minor repairs (scratches) done at a main Holden dealer on Scarborough Beach Road in Perth.

Told me it would take 10 wprking days (because they needed to take the panels off to repair). Fine.

Picked it up on Friday - didn't need to take anything off apparently so God knows why it took 10 working days but...more to the point....

I filled the car completely just before I dropped it off at the dealers. When I picked it up - a quarter of the tank had been used/gone missing!

Didn't have the energy for a fight on a Friday evening so just drove off but beware.....
Old Apr 1st 2007, 1:20 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bought the car but....

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
had a few minor repairs (scratches) done at a main Holden dealer on Scarborough Beach Road in Perth.

Told me it would take 10 wprking days (because they needed to take the panels off to repair). Fine.

Picked it up on Friday - didn't need to take anything off apparently so God knows why it took 10 working days but...more to the point....

I filled the car completely just before I dropped it off at the dealers. When I picked it up - a quarter of the tank had been used/gone missing!

Didn't have the energy for a fight on a Friday evening so just drove off but beware.....
There were stories in the press a few weeks ago about garages in that area joyriding in customers' cars. From memory one guy took an Audi out and either got a speeding ticket or crashed it (strange I remember it was an Audi but not what happened to it ). The story said staff used customer cars to go collect parts, get to and from work or just for the hell of it
Old Apr 1st 2007, 1:31 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

I always write down the mileage of the vehicle when i drop it off anywhere. Its common in both the UK and Australia sadly.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 4:24 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

The thing is the repairs were done on insurance of the guy who sold it to me.
And he left the country immediately after the insurer agreed to repair (but not before selling the car to me).

I didn't want to get into a protracted discussion about whose car it was, whose insurance, who was collecting it etc etc (even though the insurance ombudsman said everything was perfectly legal) I just wanted the car repaired.

If it had been more straightforward I would have stood my ground.

Great car though - really pleased with it and a great price.