Boring thread

Old Nov 17th 2003, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of
Default Re: Boring thread

Originally posted by bondipom
I did not know HECS can evntually become available. Might be usefu in the future.
IIRC it's only if you haven't studied at tertiary level abroad. If you dropped out half way through a degree, you can get HECS for the equivalent remaining "unused" time.
Old Nov 18th 2003, 7:33 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Boring thread

Originally posted by owieb
Not wishing to steal your thunder bondipom, but we got our PR as well on the 17th. They must have been doing the people who are already here that week!

Congratulations all the same!

Do you have to leave the country to get it validated? I know with ours we have to. It is such a pain. I would gladly pay the cost of our trip to DIMA just to have it validated locally.
There is no validation necesary for final stage spouse processing conducted in Australia. I can imagine it would be a pain having to leave the country.
Old Nov 18th 2003, 7:39 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Well done bondipom nice present to have waiting for you after holiday

Am going skilled ind myself but was wondering is the 2 year wait from the date you submitted (i know it seems to be from your time line just checking).Seems quite reasonable if it is
Old Nov 18th 2003, 7:51 am

Originally posted by seang
Well done bondipom nice present to have waiting for you after holiday

Am going skilled ind myself but was wondering is the 2 year wait from the date you submitted (i know it seems to be from your time line just checking).Seems quite reasonable if it is
For spouse processing the decision can be made 2 years from the date of initial application in the UK. The 2 year wait can be waived if (at time of application) the relationship is over 5 years old (2 years with children).

Pollyanna can answer the question for prospective spouse applicants.
Old Nov 18th 2003, 7:58 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

congratulations to bondipom and owieb!!
does this mean you will both be cheering on the aussies on saturday??

sue
Old Nov 18th 2003, 8:11 am

Originally posted by Pollyana
Congrats Bondipom!!
How much paperwork is there for the last bit, to get PR? More Stat decs and police checks, I'm guessing?

Hope you're too busy celebrating to answer me....!!!
Pollyanna check out this thread

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=185202

The requirements may changeover time and vary from state to state but both Nara (SA) and myself (NSW) had to provide the same stuff.

It is simpler than the first stage and a lot is a rehash of what we already have done in the past.
Old Nov 18th 2003, 8:12 am

Owieb congrats.

What type of visa were you on and how did you go permanent?
Old Nov 18th 2003, 8:29 am

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
congratulations to bondipom and owieb!!
does this mean you will both be cheering on the aussies on saturday??

sue
Noooooooo way. Not even the Aussie wife will support the wallabies as she thinks the Aussies will be too full of themselves if they win.
Old Nov 18th 2003, 9:24 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the link Bondipom - though it'll probably change before I get to that stage!

For any other Pros Spouse people out there - once we are married, the application goes in for the temporary residence Visa - the PR visa is issued 2 years after the Temp Res one is granted - so basically we have a 2 year wait after the wedding.......(roll on 2006- that'll be a party and a half!)
Old Nov 18th 2003, 10:00 am
owieb

Owieb congrats.

What type of visa were you on and how did you go permanent?
We were on a 457 IE visa, but got PR under skilled 136. We wanted to get out here as soon as possible and didn't want to wait for the skilled. So we got ourselves a 457 then applied for skilled after that.

The only downside is you have to leave to get it validated, which means 4-5 days away.

Old Nov 19th 2003, 2:30 pm

I just got it evidenced at the Parramatta office. I was ticket 81. 76 came up straight away and 80 within 10 mins. Another 40 min later 81 came up.
Old Nov 19th 2003, 4:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Congrats BP. Hope you had a nice holiday.

Debs
Old Nov 19th 2003, 10:47 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

>>I just got it evidenced at the Parramatta office.<<

So you DID have to go abroad for it, then !

Old Nov 19th 2003, 10:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Noooooooo way. Not even the Aussie wife will support the wallabies as she thinks the Aussies will be too full of themselves if they win.
Well she can support England then because it won't be OTT in England if they win! Still, they haven't won anything since 1966 so I guess they can go a little OTT, 'every dog has his day' etc.

(Scottish) friend mentioned the oldie 'I'm not biased .... I don't care who beats England'.

Great news on the visas etc for everyone.

OzTennis