Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Boring question - references!

Boring question - references!

Old Aug 31st 2004, 3:54 pm
Just Joined

thandie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Boring question - references!

apologies for this being the most boring thread, sitting worrying about visa application and if references from employers are as in depth as they should be. they got me my skills assessment certificate, but do DIMIA what really over the top references? biggest reference was about 3 pages long!

have searched previous threads about references, feel worse now, so thought i would bore you all by asking this question! do the references have to categorically detail every aspect of your job? and my references included character assessment also, previous threads state this isn't what DIMIA want.

my referees, just split my job into sud headings, ie, practice, research and education, etc, and gave a brief summary of all. i'm starting to feel that this is not enough, should i contact them again and resubmit them, or just wait, see what DIMIA has to say and try to chill?

thankyou, thandie.
Old Aug 31st 2004, 5:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future
Default Re: Boring question - references!

Originally Posted by thandie
apologies for this being the most boring thread, sitting worrying about visa application and if references from employers are as in depth as they should be. they got me my skills assessment certificate, but do DIMIA what really over the top references? biggest reference was about 3 pages long!

have searched previous threads about references, feel worse now, so thought i would bore you all by asking this question! do the references have to categorically detail every aspect of your job? and my references included character assessment also, previous threads state this isn't what DIMIA want.

my referees, just split my job into sud headings, ie, practice, research and education, etc, and gave a brief summary of all. i'm starting to feel that this is not enough, should i contact them again and resubmit them, or just wait, see what DIMIA has to say and try to chill?

thankyou, thandie.
Think you should definately just chill! If they have been fine for skills assessment then probably the content was in depth enough- that's a truly shocking bit of grammar- I've had a long day!
The only thing extra ref DIMIA asked us for was for an updated one to bring the 12 out of the last 18 month requirement up to date- by the time they were looking at that part of our application that ref was out dated - sounded like it was fairly standard.
Just sit back and wait- they'll contact you should they need more and you can sort it out then but my guess is you'll be fine
Yvonne x